Thanks to everyone involved w/ SAS

Lonesome Ford

It has been a long time. Just to hear the roar of the crowd at the track I grew up at was enough to give me goosebumps and then all of those childhood memories came flooding back. The pit area was a virtual family reunion of the San Antonio area racing family, & we thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to visit a bit & once again race at San Antonio Speedway. To have the support & help I had getting the #57 truck ready to race goes beyond explanation. Who would've thought I would have gotten the call last Tuesday to come pickup a truck to run? Not me for sure! The truck as well as myself had sat out of racing for the past 6 years, and I couldn't be more pleased that neither one had too much rust to shake off :lol: Just to drive away that <cough> early Sunday morning knowing we finished in the top 10 was very satisfying.

Many thanks to Ward Heinrich who let me drive his truck. I really appreciate the opportunity. Thanks to my mom Peggy & my dad, John Kelly for still believing in me. Danny & Rick Schroat for thrashing on the truck and loaning parts from their DIRT CARS, Buddy & Bobby Jack for showing up to help on raceday, and the moral and emotional support from my wife Cecily Kelly, our 2 boys, and the rest of my family and friends.

It's true.... Racing is an addiction that can stay dormant for many, many years. Then one day, it'll flare up and you're right back in it. Gotta love it!

-Jr

Archived