How can we make it happen

Hey guys... I know there has been alot of talk about our LLMs running with yalls late models.. Some of us would like to come race with yall that have competitive cars tho we have the stock front clip...I know the weight issue is such and there is worry that we would tear up the cars worse because of the weight. but if we were able to knock the weight off would it be a problem? I say that because eventually I would like to move up in this world but might not be able to afford the qc rear end and torsion bars right away but want to learn how to drive in a higher class...The drivers in our class are really clean and its not often we have a lot of carnage so the thought of we would just come tear cars up isnt true..I have a leaf car that is really fast and would like to see how far off from yall we are without the thought of a $20k motor....I know some guys that spend alot on these cars..but wouldnt it be cool to see a leaf car finish in the middle of a bunch of Suprs? LMAO... Just looking for avenues to move up before I tell the wife I want a sprint car..LMAO... Thoughts? and please be gentle... :lol:

Drew,the real problem other than the weight is the stock front clips.The clip is much stronger than a full tube chassis car and when a tube car gets hit by a clip car the tube car never wins .I have watched the limited late models race at STS and GAP I37 and for the most part it is very clean racing.I have also seen a LLM lose his brakes on the back stretch at I37 and T bone another car, you never know when something like that will happen.

As much as I want this class to grow we have to watch out for the cars that are already on the track and add to it with competitive cars that fit within the rules of a late model class.

As far as $20,000 dollar motors ,there is not a car running at SOS with a motor that cost that much. Most of the motors are home built and if you ask, most will help another racer put together a competitive engine.

Complete rolling late models can be found for under $5000.00. They will require a little work to make them race ready, but every used car needs something.

If you need help locating a good car ,talk to me or one of the other late model drivers and we can help you find one in your price range that will fit the current rules .

Thanks MitchBobby

Thanks for the info... I can understand the strength issue... I have thought about cutting mine up and tubing it. We will see... If not then I will be on the look out for a good chassis to build... Thanks!

Another Question.... How can we get an LLM class at SOS? Or is it even possible because everyone has Late Models?

SOS has made the offer to work with your class for an off weekend race. We would love to get you on the schedule for next year as a class of your own but do not want to takeaway a class from the tracks you currently race. We are working on a schedule for next year and if you will give me someone to contact we will see if we can find an off weekend that will work for your class. You would need to know that there is enough interest by the other LLM to make a show. Thank you so much for your interest.

Drew,the real problem other than the weight is the stock front clips.The clip is much stronger than a full tube chassis car and when a tube car gets hit by a clip car the tube car never wins .I have watched the limited late models race at STS and GAP I37 and for the most part it is very clean racing.I have also seen a LLM lose his brakes on the back stretch at I37 and T bone another car, you never know when something like that will happen.

As much as I want this class to grow we have to watch out for the cars that are already on the track and add to it with competitive cars that fit within the rules of a late model class.

As far as $20,000 dollar motors ,there is not a car running at SOS with a motor that cost that much. Most of the motors are home built and if you ask, most will help another racer put together a competitive engine.

Complete rolling late models can be found for under $5000.00. They will require a little work to make them race ready, but every used car needs something.

If you need help locating a good car ,talk to me or one of the other late model drivers and we can help you find one in your price range that will fit the current rules .

Thanks MitchBobby

Thank you Mitch for helping us answer this question.

Alot of us at 37 would love to come to sos if we could have a night to be llms. What if we all work together to get the corpus cars and our cars all together for a LLm challange night? I dont know, im not a promoter but I want to promote not just our class but all the classes.. Ill put it out to our guys and see what they say.. Maybe CC can let thier guys know once you all make a date and put it out there... We could easily have 20 car feature for our class...If not...How can I come race with what I have?

And if I need to, Ill be the contact to let our guys know and if I have too will contact CC LLMs and fill them in... Thoughts?

That would be great. As with the street stock shootout you have to have a leader to get something like this organized.

I nominate Drew! We need a leader!

I'll dust mine off to race at Goliad. Its only 35 miles from my grand daughter.

Harlin

Thanks Harlin!! Miss racing with ya by the way... Ill do some work with everyone to see if we can set up a show that all the cars in the south can run together in our class..... The SS Shootout has been successful and Robert and his brother have done an awesome job....

Dont want to do the shootout style yet but wouldnt mind doing shows at all the tracks on off nights.. Ill get to work on it...Hope all is well with ya and hope to see ya soon!!

Ill keep a lookout... I think in the nxt couple years I might just tube my car and come out to get it on with yall... It should be fun and looking forward to it... If yall happen to have another invite for us to come down and race with yall, we will be there and bring some leaf lovin to yall.. lmao!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived