Houston Super Speedway

KELLY83

No updates in months.

Only links on thier website that actually works, goes to the merchandise.

Do they just want our money or is it really going to happen? It's sure looking fishy. They went and met with SCCA and ofcourse all that was done... they sold T shirts and hats. No deals made.

Anyone know anything for certain? Please no he said she said. Just the facts. ;)

~~~~~Phoooof~~~~~ (lets breath out)

Wha ?:unsure: You mean I was the only one? :rolleyes:

NickHolt said,

but nobody's holding their breath

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Kinda dizzy right now, but, not that anyone could tell the difference :P

There is no Houston Superspeedway, nor will there be a Houston Superspeedway anytime soon...

My sources have told me that there is no $$$$ (read: another "proposed" Texas new track that won't be built) and that no one is jumping in to throw some money at this project...

Guest The_Greek

just my opinion but i would love to see Houston build a short track something similiar to Bristol, i think Nascar already has plenty of superspeedways, if a short track was built besides Cup, Busch, and Trucks, it could also bring in Hooters, All Pro, ASA and other top racing series. jmo

There has been a rumor I have heard from totally different sources, even in different states, that Houston Raceway Park (drag strip and dirt track) has a 5/8 mile asphalt track in the plans for sometime in the next 4 years. It won't be used for weekly classes. Just for specials and touring series' only... We'll see.

Hope it isn't a bust like this one.

How about a 3/4 mile oval like Richmond ? I saw all the racing (truck,Busch,Cup) on the the tube and man, that is some good stuff and the folks come out to pack the stands. It seems like all the money people build the cookie-cutter tracks, the 1.5 tri-oval but this is the way to go !!!

We have TWS, Michigan's twin, sitting in aggieland but imagine a 3/4 in good market..

if a short track was built besides Cup, Busch, and Trucks, it could also bring in Hooters, All Pro, ASA and other top racing series.

If im not mistaken HMP has already had 2 out of the last 3 and it looks like both series are interested in returning for the 2005 season.

Archived