Items stolen from racecar in pits

I am truly sorry that happened to you. Just curious , were there other cars there hit? If there was then that would indicate a big problem.If you were the only one it could be you were targeted for some reason.Just sayin.Don't take me wrong you have every right to be angry.But to paint the track as unsafe may be a stretch since I don't think that has happened before. I hope someone knows who did and rats him out so we can all take turns whacking them with said wheel. I would like to contribute to the steering wheel replacement fund . Message me where to send as it ticks me off this a#$ho&& put a stain on the track I love.

I am truly sorry that happened to you. Just curious , were there other cars there hit? If there was then that would indicate a big problem.If you were the only one it could be you were targeted for some reason.Just sayin.Don't take me wrong you have every right to be angry.But to paint the track as unsafe may be a stretch since I don't think that has happened before. I hope someone knows who did and rats him out so we can all take turns whacking them with said wheel. I would like to contribute to the steering wheel replacement fund . Message me where to send as it ticks me off this a#$ho&& put a stain on the track I love.

I'm only the artist, your interpretation of my painting is your own. The facts are the facts. I've been racing for 15 years and left my car overnight at probably 6 different tracks in Texas. First time I've ever lost anything. I'm just glad I put the three go karts, the kids driving gear, and the $12,000 four wheeler inside the enclosed trailer.

I really love STS myself and I've only been there 3 times. I should have listened to a fellow I-37 racer who slept on his trailer Saturday night while his wife and kids went to the hotel, so his stuff was safe.

Just wanted to forewarn my fellow Street Stock Shootout compettitors about thieves in the STS area. The only thing left outside over night after Sundays race was my car. When I jumped in to load it Monday morning the steering wheel was gone. I thought damn I never take the wheel out of the car, maybe one of the kids took it out. As I started to pull my tired butt out of the car I realized the tach mounted in the front corner of the drivers window had been ripped out. Be careful, YOUR $H1T IS NOT SAFE THERE!

Wonder if a game camera would have caught the person?Some way you were able to mount one for security.That be a rude awakening for someone you know was caught on camera.

This really doesnt have a thing to do with STS. 5000 cars pass by the track daily coming and going. Owen provides a hell of a facility and its not fair to give him a black eye over this when it was most likely some kid being stupid or someone driving by. He could very easily tell everyone to leave from now on instead of letting us have the luctury of camping in the pits. My guess is a racer isnt going to rip off another racer but that is only my guess and opinion, been wrong before. As far as tracks go I trust STS more so then many many other tracks. Unfortunately that is the way of the world now. I left my car at last years November shootout with no regrets but there was alot more overnighters that weekend too. You would think camping next to it would simply be enough but not in this case. I am glad it wasnt worst or something very valuable. Lesson learned by everything involved including STS.

• 4 weeks later...

AAron we apologize for this negative experience at STS, we have never had this problem before and we do more 2 day shows that allow camping then any other track in South Texas and this is the first time I have heard of such a problem. We apologize to you Aaron.

I doubt a racer did this unless they were upset at the 93 for some reason, we have not had any other problems since this incident and there will be people in the pits all evening this coming weekend. Please if you have an issue like this report it to me as soon as it happens so I can try to help the situation.

Owen

Archived