Oil pukin motor

keyman

Got a new used motor,recently rebuilt 350 Chev with EQ heads, hyd cam. Steel valve covers with 2 breathers on the left. Its pushin oil out the rear breather pretty bad even stuffed with rags. I noticed when I was putting oil in that it flowed rather easily compared to my other motor (you had to pour oil real slow to fill). The heads have 2 oil return holes(I guess thats what they are for)on the ends but do not match holes on the block. I am wondering if this is just a valve cover issue or is there something else that can be done. Lost about 2 cups of oil during heat and enough during feature to catch on fire.The motor has 60# of pressure at idle and 80 at 4000 rpm. I am thinking about closing the breather baffle gap real tight. ???

one problem does it have alot of blow by .. if so motor cant breath enough and will push the oil out ...if not check the valve cover and make sure it has a baffle plate covering the hole with openings on one or both ends .it maybe just in line with a rocker and with no plate could be shooting the oil right out through that filler tube ...

Archived