THR all involved rule

faninstands18

First of all I would like to say.... getting rid of the rear view mirrors is a good idea...

BUT, tonight was a perfect example of why we should do away with the "all involved rule"

and go back to "judgement calls". I can name at least 5 drivers in Saturday nights races

that were "SCREWED" by this rule.... I would like to know if anybody else out there saw the

same thing I did tonight? I say the rule needs to be abolished before there are no more cars

left to race... What do yall think???

faninstands18

I thought almost all the calls last night at THR were OK. Their were a couple that were closse calls that could have gone either way. BUt on my scanner I heard Nick ask three or four corner workers what they saw each time and he went with what they say.

Anyway i did see they used judgement calls at least two or three times to.

Congrads to the #14 HObby and the #28 LM and the #02 Street for good clean wins.

INSTEAD OF WHINING ABOUT THE ALL INVOLVED RULE-FINISH UP THE SEASON UNDER THE CURRENT RULES.NEXT SEASON,IF THE DRIVERS ARE ALL AGAINST IT APPROACH MANAGEME.NT AT THE PRE-SEASON MEETING AND ASK FOR A CHANGE.IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT RULES YOU MAKE-SOMEONE IS ALWAYS GOING TO THINK THEY ARE UNFAIR.

I have to agree with ramey60...I actually saw judgement calls too...Leland drove a hell of race...hats off to him...Looked to me like he drove/saved 2 cars at one point... I appreciate Aaron and all the infield guys for having me work with them for the heat races...after helping sweep tons of rocks more than once, I think they need a new rule: You spin you sweep...those guys work hard...LL

For crying out LOUD you guys were crying about the judgment call rules under the previous way of dealing with spinouts,etc.,officials go with what the other officials reported to them,you cannot go with what each individual crew reports due to the crews being partial to their own car and not watching a whole field of cars,and it is diffierent from from each vantage point on the track not just how you see it from the pit bleachers.Also the only two or so people that really know what happened is the cars involved and they don't always tell the truth because they don't want to be penalized. No I am not blaming the drivers specifically,I know that adrenaline playss a key role in spur of the moment incidents. So quit blaming the officials on the all involved rule,THR was the only track in Texas that had the previous rule in place. Sorry for sounding off like this,just tired of the crying and whining that has been taking place due to some not getting their way.

to nick

one question bout the calls last night

in the hobby race the 25 car spun the leader (37) then the 14 plowed into the 37 so that means the 14 was involved so how did he get his place back

just a question

Here is the part of the "all involved" rule that governs this situation. This section was effective August 14th.

"3. If a car spins to miss the incident that brings out the yellow and is clearly not involved in any way in the incident that brings out the yellow, and, in the opinion of the Competition Director, clearly attempts to avoid the incident but makes contact with the cars that are involved anyway, that car may be reinstated at the discretion of the Competition Director."

Nick Holt

nick - i thought that most of the calls last night were good..now there seems to be a mix of 'all involved' and judgement calls...this is exactly how the rule should work..

all except the 05 and 27 lm inncident-but i'm also biased in this situation....GOOD JOB NICK AND ALL THE OFFICIALS!!!

I would have to agree with you crazy horse. I also think that they did a WHOLE HELL of alot better last night there was 2 or 3 calls that were crappy but hell that is alot better than the previous weeks of 10-20 bad calls. I would take 2-3 over that any day. On Marks spin out I was in turn 4 watching and yes it did look like that car was mirror driving but I do think that the track went against Mark on this but I also think it was because Mark pulled the same move on the 71 and damaged her car and put 2 tires in the dirt to make the pass and just my 2 cents I do think the track used that against Mark maybe saying he did it twice in a row. Todd WAY TO GO keeping up with the LM out on the track. I think if you would have drove the truck like that in the truck race you might have been able to win the truck race.

Jay

Well, I finally made a race at THR. I thought it was a real good night of racing. My father came from out of town and he and I got to go to our first asphalt race together since 1978. We had a great time. There were a couple of calls I saw as a fan that I was curious about, but as a whole I thought it was a pretty well officiated evening. For those who think I'm defending Nick, well I've never met him. Was hoping to last night, but the evening went kind of long so we had to head home pretty quick. I got to speak with a few guys that I have met in the past on TSZ and we had a good time. As far as All involved vs. judgement call- I think it was a pretty fair night from the stands anyway. You guys kind of play rough but you seem to back off and not push the issue too far. I saw once in the truck race it seemed like 77 was rubbing a little hard on the truck in front of him, but it almost seemed like he got him out of shape and then stayed on him and kept him from spinning. But thanks to Chuck Licata and the fans and drivers. We had a good night.

Since I finally got to watch a race for once instead of photographing it. I can say that the calls to me seemed correct. I have been to that track numerous times combining what was said in a few threads to save on typing. In regards to the groups of fans that boo or cheer for their drivers, its going to happen and you will always hear people boo a car that was in an incident with thier favorite car and cheer when he gets taken out by someone else. Heck I have even seen those same people cheer when the same driver retaliates against another driver... Unfortunately thats how rabid some fans can be for/against certain drivers. In regards to comments made about Nick by another driver, I for one know Nick can care less what you think about him, and I saw the incident that driver was Involved in and Im sorry to say but you had no case for getting your spot back. All in all I had a good time even though all I saw was the mains and it was nice to see alot of the same people. I hope things get better for the Stapp car. Hopefully next time I come up there I can let Nick know ahead of time and take a shot at helping the corner workers ect...

One last note. I made a comment to a friend of mine about the constant complaining I have heard from THR about how the track is/was and it seems to me that more people complain both on here and in person than what I had seen at SAS for years. SAS has had the all involved rule for quite awile now and you hardly hear about complaints from there. Once the drivers learn to drive cleaner they would have to worry about the rule more and more... Since there are no mirrors in the cars anymore you cant say someone is mirror driving they are doing the right thing and holding thier line... Everyone take care hope to see you all again...

Marc Roy

On Marks spin out I was in turn 4 watching and yes it did look like that car was mirror driving but I do think that the track went against Mark on this but I also think it was because Mark pulled the same move on the 71 and damaged her car and put 2 tires in the dirt to make the pass

I just want to clear a couple of things up. I talked to all the officials involved in this call after the races, the call they made was that we did not make contact, therefore the 27 was not involved. Although I do not agree with the call, it is a judgement call and I will live with it. As for putting two tires in the dirt, they were not in the dirt until the other car started down on me, in both incidents. The purpose of this post is not to complain. I applaud THR for making the judgement call.

MC

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

H & I were there Saturday night and we sat in the pit area grandstands, had a really nice time, I did not have a radio, but I personally thought there were some pretty fair calls. Some very good racing action, we got there just after the trucks started their main event, it was exciting from that point on. Good job.

Archived