Murray “NO SHOWS”

NeilTPS

Murray “NO SHOWS” at I-37 SPEEDWAY

Pleasanton, Texas

I-37 Speedway Track General Manager Frank Torres has released the following statement:

“I-37 Speedway regrets the non-appearance of current IMCA Modified National Points leader David Murray Jr. who was scheduled to race at I-37 Speedway on September 3”. “I am not sure of the reason for Murray not coming to our track. We had every reason to believe he would race at I-37 Speedway on September 3.

He did not arrive. He did not call to advise us of his whereabouts".

We were pleased to have 26 IMCA Modifieds sign in and race last night. We had an outstanding night of racing competition. The IMCA Modified Feature Race winner was Jim Phillips Jr. of Floresville, Texas.

The next race at I-37 Speedway on Friday night, September 10. The track gates will open at 4:00pm. The racing program will start at 8:30 pm.

For additional information call I-37 Speedway office toll free 800/377-1303 or

at 210/532-5421 or General Manager Frank Torres at 210/367-6261.

I really hesitate to post rumors, but this information (not verified) came from a source that is usually reliable.

Apparently Murray raced at one of the Houston dirt tracks last night! The rest of the rumor is that he was DQed for rough driving with no points and no purse money and fined $100 on top of that!!!!!!

Can anyone confirm this?

Nick Holt

Nick that HRP may have been Hutchinson raceway park in Kansas. I have revisited the site on whowon and apparently he never left Kansas,judging form all the replies about the incident appear to have seen it and the Kansas track does run on Friday night,it is a shame he didn't follow through as had been stated could have been real interesting. I wish I could have gone anyway,26 cars in the top class,that is more then a lot of local tracks get.I just wish Reb or someone could post results.

97car,

Reb wasn't there, he is on his way to the IMCA Super Nationals in Boone Iowa.

I was there, but it was so late that I didn't get the finishing order. I will try and get them and post em later this week.

It was a very good mod race.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel.

He no shows in Texas

He hits a car already spinning out of control in Kansas and then comes back under caution and hits the guy pushing him around the track til he send the guy spinning...

Great guy there.... I-37... you lost nothing by this "class act" not showing up... he did yall a favor.

Archived