It's official...604 Crate "OPTION" in 2013 for Modifieds

rebelracewriter

Frank,

According to the video, they are looking at a combination of spoiler and weight options but they haven't released that information yet. Interesting video, even to me as a non-racer.

I would stick with a floater rear end due to the fact that the quick change is more rotating weight and heavy. And you would spend more money on a less h.p. motor and more in up keep on it. Also would have to take it to a certified crate engine builder and you couldn't run methanol with that engine cause of the heads, compression, pistons, rings, etc. JMO.

I would stick with a floater rear end due to the fact that the quick change is more rotating weight and heavy. And you would spend more money on a less h.p. motor and more in up keep on it. Also would have to take it to a certified crate engine builder and you couldn't run methanol with that engine cause of the heads, compression, pistons, rings, etc. JMO.

If you can run a QC...always run it....the gear selection alone will make up for any parasitic loss....and if you have a newer qc...there not much different than a 9" being able to change from a 5.83 to a 5.85 is well worth the money...besides the cost savings... Also, I love the fact that you can change one axle tube...not have to buy an entire housing....

If you can run a QC...always run it....the gear selection alone will make up for any parasitic loss....and if you have a newer qc...there not much different than a 9" being able to change from a 5.83 to a 5.85 is well worth the money...besides the cost savings... Also, I love the fact that you can change one axle tube...not have to buy an entire housing....

Cost savings? Q/C is $3500 for a good one. Plus gears which is around $100 a set. Mess up a Q/C it is costly. Mess up a 9", well i can get a new housing for around $450 shipped and put my same 3rd member in. A Q/C has to many rotating parts thus meaning more parts to replace=$$$$$.

On the Q change deal, so (ALLOUTPC17) you say stay with floater, to much horse power lose etc

with the Q change???, Is that why all those USMTS guys are so slow????....You should contact them

and let them know..............Frank T

The qc is even more important when you need to keep the engine in a narrow power band...

and...3500 for a qc...if you travel...you can have way more than that in gear sets...

and all those moving parts....can be replaced...each piece...not have to change an entire housing cause you bent a tube...

I would prefer to replace one axle tube for 100 bucks...than an enitre housing for 450$

but...long story short...a normal price QC is 1400$ from speedway....

also...if you say its worse for performance...then there is no advantage....(except now a gear change takes 10 min.)

As like many LSSZ posts we seem to have veered off course from 604 crates to QC rear ends.....LOL

So here's my take....If everyone was already running/or owned one I'd say no big deal......BUT since very few have one laying around the house, the "initial" cost for everyone to get one would be the hang up....On down the line, yes they'd probably be more cost effective....

I just don't see adding any more costs UNNECESSARILY into an already bottomless pit.....

It has been shown, by Luke Wanninger and Adam Larson, that the 604 can win with a spoiler, weight break and no QC.

Making it as an "option" then puts guys with the existing rear end stuff at a disadvantage.... if, in fact, that argument is true....I've never been an engineer or studied rotating weight assemblies vs horsepower gain/loss......so it's just everyone's opinion of them....

i dont no to much but i was under the impression those test cars in boone was running the qc but i have watched ford 9 inch rears ran over qc at a lot of big asphalts races for the little hp loss of running a qc that being said you allow qc i will have one in because of gear selection

Archived