Visit to Cotton Bowl Speedway

One word to best describe this up and coming racing facility is "Awesome"!

Not everyone will agree with details regarding any racing facility but no way could I walk around taking in the entire complex and not see a jewel of a racetrack coming together. A massive amount of man hours have already been invested in this place and from my point of view they are past all the hard work. Danny and crew obviously have alot of work still in front of them but its down hill from here. I sat down and had a great conversation with him regarding details and how the track / facility finishes out. Man is it exciting. Danny went into great detail with his vision and plans along with what the next couple weeks are involving. Over the next couple weeks this construction site will turn into a racing facility. They could actually hold a play day right now but I agreed with him by keeping his nose to the grind stone and his crews play days at this point would only postpone the opening day longer.

I went to Cotton Bowl to see for myself what stage this facility was at because of our Sept 22nd Shootout race date coming around the corner. I have no doubt Danny could have the facility ready to host our event. However the facility would only be partially ready and I know how important first impressions are with fans and drivers. We are making a few schedule adjustments so Danny and his crew have the neccessary time to be 100% ready for us. So I am excited to announce several things that will take place with more details to come... You will find those details in the Allgayers, Inc. South Texas Street Stock Shootout Series forum. Below are a few pics we took while enjoying our visit.

post-3-1342999552.jpg

post-3-1342999556.jpg

post-3-1342999562.jpg

post-3-1342999569.jpg

Details that may not be in pics.

Septic System in place and its big!

The completed building you see behind the stands is 1 of 2 huge restrooms his/her w/ child benefits. The inside gets trimmed out monday. They are duplicating another same size building on the opposite end of the grand stands for that side. Slab is finished and building is scheduled for eriction next week.

The two story building behind the grand stands is part of the concession stand. The second story is VIP boxes and press box. Grand stands holds up to 4200 fans and has about half the seats left to be completed. All wood heavy heavy duty structure. A crew was working on the grandstand.

Another crew was working on the front stretch wall welding up supports for the catch fence.

Infield concrete light supports all in place along with the front straight away light supports. All water lines and electrical underground was completed.

Nice big pit slab that is finished will hold the two huge generators for the complex power needs.

Track was nicely graded. Danny shared his plans that include specialty equipment being put on the track prior to any racing going on that removes any size rock out of the track.

We toured the entire facilty. Large pits with lights. Huge completed fully slabbed shop/warehouse/office/shop lol. It was big and it houses the tech area with scales along with restrooms that include showers.

It was alot to take in and honestly cant comprend how this was all done in roughly 5 months. We saw alot of materials stagged and ready for installation, so any concerns about progress needs to not even be mentioned to these guys. They know they have alot of work left but they have done a great deal of work already. Once the doors are opened, which will be this year, everyone will love this facility and the effort being put forth.

We have stopped by a few times in the last month and you are correct about the "AWESOME" part! Will be one of the nicest dirt tracks in texas! We look forward to racing there next year! Thanks Cotton Bowl Speedway for putting in the extra time to make it right! It will pay off in the long run!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
are they for sure opening nov 3rd

Yes ray, I went and saw the track on Monday and talked to some of the mgt and they are having a two day show nov 2,3

Mods, limiteds, street, Pures.

We talked to Danny today. Details of the show in November will be posted within the next couple of days. They are finalizing a few things.

Brenda

Archived