ok

HiTech

HAVE 65 MUSTANG NEAR FINISH LINE ...289 40 OVER .351 ALUMINUM HEADS COMPLETE ROLLER TOP TO BOTTOM..ALL THE GOOD STUFF ..MOTOR IS PURTY ..LOL......NOW THE BODY HAD A VINYL TOP .WHICH RUSTED THE ROOF /LOOKED LIKE THE MOON LANDING .SO AFTER OVER $5000.00 WORTH OF WORK AND PAINT NOT CHEAP PAINT EITHER ....AND 9 MONTHS LIVING IN MY GARAGE ...I NOTICED LITTLE BUMPS POPPING UP ALL OVER THE ROOF ...SOME LOOK LIKE PIMPLES .SOME LOOK LIKE WARTS AND ARE NOT STOPPING .SEEMS LIKE EVERYDAY I FIND A NEW ONE ...I AM NOT GOOD AT BONDO WORK .SO I CANT TELL IF ITS BONDO .OR THE PAINT WAS NOT SEALED RIGHT ..NOT A BODY MAN WHAT SO EVER IN THAT DEPARTMENT ..IT WAS NOT A HOME PROJECT ON THIS PAINT JOB ..ANY IDEALS ..CUZ ONCE ITS ON THE STREET IT WILL GO BACK TO THE BODY SHOP WHO DID THIS WORK .AND I WE WANT TO HAVE SOME IDEAL ON WHAT IS THE PROBLEM ..BEFORE WE HEAR EVERY EXCUSE KNOWN TO MAN AND SOME MADE UP ....REALLY NOT HAPPY AT ALL ..THREE YEARS AND DARN NEAR $20.000. TIDE UP HERE AND WILL GO OVER THAT BEFORE ITS FINISHED .....ILL GET MY SON TO POST SOME PIC.S

HAVE 65 MUSTANG NEAR FINISH LINE ...289 40 OVER .351 ALUMINUM HEADS COMPLETE ROLLER TOP TO BOTTOM..ALL THE GOOD STUFF ..MOTOR IS PURTY ..LOL......NOW THE BODY HAD A VINYL TOP .WHICH RUSTED THE ROOF /LOOKED LIKE THE MOON LANDING .SO AFTER OVER $5000.00 WORTH OF WORK AND PAINT NOT CHEAP PAINT EITHER ....AND 9 MONTHS LIVING IN MY GARAGE ...I NOTICED LITTLE BUMPS POPPING UP ALL OVER THE ROOF ...SOME LOOK LIKE PIMPLES .SOME LOOK LIKE WARTS AND ARE NOT STOPPING .SEEMS LIKE EVERYDAY I FIND A NEW ONE ...I AM NOT GOOD AT BONDO WORK .SO I CANT TELL IF ITS BONDO .OR THE PAINT WAS NOT SEALED RIGHT ..NOT A BODY MAN WHAT SO EVER IN THAT DEPARTMENT ..IT WAS NOT A HOME PROJECT ON THIS PAINT JOB ..ANY IDEALS ..CUZ ONCE ITS ON THE STREET IT WILL GO BACK TO THE BODY SHOP WHO DID THIS WORK .AND I WE WANT TO HAVE SOME IDEAL ON WHAT IS THE PROBLEM ..BEFORE WE HEAR EVERY EXCUSE KNOWN TO MAN AND SOME MADE UP ....REALLY NOT HAPPY AT ALL ..THREE YEARS AND DARN NEAR $20.000. TIDE UP HERE AND WILL GO OVER THAT BEFORE ITS FINISHED .....ILL GET MY SON TO POST SOME PIC.S

Sounds like the same issue I had after removing the vinyl on my Malibu. The rust was still active. I prepped - ground, sanded bondoed and primed and was deciding on my finish - it started doing the blistering at the primer - most noticeable at the C pillar - the ending line of the vinyl where the chrome strip had been. Took it to a body shop and they stripped all the bondo off with wire wheels and surface grinder - then etched it with an acid compound and neutralized the acid with an alkaline compound. The etching was the only step I at that time was not aware of. Doesn't mean you have the same issue though - there are thousands of things that can go wrong. Sweat can ruin a paint job if the prep work has the prep guy sweating all over it and its not addressed (the residual salt is problematic). Silicone anywhere in the shop can get on a prepped surface - but I am fairly sure it's damage appears rather quickly - even before the paint is dry.

If its a good body shop let make all the excuses they want - while they are correcting it under warranty!

car was soda blasted,primed and then sanded back to clean metal then the bondo was added ..from what i know ...it looks like it is a problem when they sealed it ..just dont know ......looks only skin deep....i wantto take a peek under it ..but that may make it worst .and make the body shop mad .though they are not going to like getting this car back after 6 months of hell....and we are not happy to take it back ...

Archived