Precision Drivers Wanted

ToryC

Outside of racing... In my “real world” job, I run a talent agency based out of San Antonio that provides on-camera performers for local and regional television commercials and print advertising.

Occasionally, we will get a call for “Precision Drivers”. These are usually one or two day gigs, but require an interview and call-back before booking. Most of these jobs shoot in the Austin area, some around San Antonio. Occasionally, I will get a call for something in Dallas, Houston or New Orleans.

The minimum day rate we accept for clients is $150 for local commercials. Regional and national spots are usually at least $500/day. We recently had a call for a Toyota commercial with a day rate of $1,800.00. On occasion, rates will exceed this.

What I would like to do is to build the agency's precision driving roster through our Texas racing community.

These gigs are sporadic and unpredictable in nature as to where and when and how often. Sometimes it can be months between opportunities.

Here are the requirements for consideration:

1) Must posses a valid driver's license.

2) Must be able to hit marks on a driving course. Must be able to hit the same marks the same way over and over. Anyone who is a good racer should be able to do this even without precision driving training.

3) Must be available any day any time with less than 24-hour notice. Persons who are self-employed or able to switch shifts at the last minute are ideal. Persons with a regular 9 to 5 job will not work out due to the unpredictability of the business. I rarely get more than a one-day notice and must be sure any driver on the roster is available to interview and work at any time... even though these opportunities may be weeks or months apart.

4) Must provide a current high quality photo (head shot). See examples attached.

5) Must maintain professional conduct at all times during the interview process and once hired must maintain professionalism and safety on the set.

If you meet the requirements and are interested in being on the roster, please email me directly at torychristopher@gmail.com

I will need your stats (height, weight, hair & eye color), date of birth and direct contact information. You will need to fill out an on-line profile for me, the same as our actors do.

Thanks!

- Tory C

post-10304-1341881290.jpg

post-10304-1341881305.jpg

Well I can wheel a school bus with 70 elementary kids through downtown San Antonio, that might make me a candidate. Plus I have raced cars before. I also have 20 state days available. Will have to work on the picture thing :lol:

I might be able to help you out, sounds like just my kind of gig...plus I have a stunt double available for those crash scenes!

Definitely your kind of gig, Mike... but for the last time, Ricky Bobby is NOT your stunt double!!! :lol:

Well I can wheel a school bus with 70 elementary kids through downtown San Antonio, that might make me a candidate. Plus I have raced cars before. I also have 20 state days available. Will have to work on the picture thing :lol:

70 elementary school kids? Through downtown? I don't know if that makes you more of a precision driver or just a run of the mill hero! :D

Send me your info when you can.

70 elementary school kids? Through downtown? I don't know if that makes you more of a precision driver or just a run of the mill hero! :D

Send me your info when you can.

He also "bikechiefs" a pretty mean Texas Mile bike! Seriously, Will is a great racecar driver.

If my schedule wasm't so jam packed I love to have this opportunity.....

I have become a bit backed up and overwhelmed with other agency business, so it may take me a while to respond to the driver inquiries.

If you have emailed me and do not get a reply after a few days, please send me a reminder!

Direct email is: torychristopher@gmail.com

Thanks!

I have become a bit backed up and overwhelmed with other agency business, so it may take me a while to respond to the driver inquiries.

If you have emailed me and do not get a reply after a few days, please send me a reminder!

Direct email is: torychristopher@gmail.com

Thanks!

good to see you doing good ....

I will send my Wife your way.

She hits so many things that "marks" would just be incidental and inclusive...

Ha! That's funny! I like it!

Of course she hasn't hit any marks yet. Just two bobs and one steve...

Every time I think I can drive I just watch that video of the last time I ran at Thunderhill, It reassures me I can't.

IF I REMEMBER RIGHT .YOU HIT THAT MARK TWICE ..SO I SAY YOU CAN DRIVE .....SOMEONE HAS FAITH IN YOU ..

Archived