Past weekend results

Bobby did spend a lot of time with Tommy Shaffer after the races discussing track prep from days gone by. I think he discovered some things that can help make the track better in the future.

great hopefully sheepsfoot was one was some great racing anyway

Bobby did spend a lot of time with Tommy Shaffer after the races discussing track prep from days gone by. I think he discovered some things that can help make the track better in the future.

great hopefully sheepsfoot was one ,was some great racing anyway

great to keep us on our toes had fun we need to all go to four wheel brakes three dont seem to slow us down before crashes oouch #44car

Been to a bunch of tracks and it we'd be hard pressed to match one up that is normally as smooth as SOS and has so much bite at the same time. We've seen some smooth ones, but typically that would be the dry ones. We like dry, but we like tacky too. We didn't run last weekend, but from our experience, we'd be hard pressed to match what Alan and his uncle do with that place with so much bite and normally smooth. Just our observations.

Been to a bunch of tracks and it we'd be hard pressed to match one up that is normally as smooth as SOS and has so much bite at the same time. We've seen some smooth ones, but typically that would be the dry ones. We like dry, but we like tacky too. We didn't run last weekend, but from our experience, we'd be hard pressed to match what Alan and his uncle do with that place with so much bite and normally smooth. Just our observations.

agreed track has been smooth keep up good work great racing had fun

I cant keep my mouth shut on this topic and I will not trash any one working on the track since most are doing this on a voluntary basis .With that said the track has been very rough the last few nights.I have two bent spindles and a bent ball joint from the track conditions this Saturday. I know the Stacys are trying to get a hold on what is causing these conditions and I hope the track crew will try something different to get this corrected. Regardless it was some good racing but you can also have good racing on a smooth track that is tacky. Both conditions can happen at the same time. I know it will get better with some effort and I know the Stacys are commited to providing a first class facility for the racers and spectators.Lets hear from y'all on this but please keep it civil. I know alot of people don't realize the efforts required to prep a track when its a 100 plus degrees out ,but with the right combination it can be done, hopefully we will see the results soon.

I cant keep my mouth shut on this topic and I will not trash any one working on the track since most are doing this on a voluntary basis .With that said the track has been very rough the last few nights.I have two bent spindles and a bent ball joint from the track conditions this Saturday. I know the Stacys are trying to get a hold on what is causing these conditions and I hope the track crew will try something different to get this corrected. Regardless it was some good racing but you can also have good racing on a smooth track that is tacky. Both conditions can happen at the same time. I know it will get better with some effort and I know the Stacys are commited to providing a first class facility for the racers and spectators.Lets hear from y'all on this but please keep it civil. I know alot of people don't realize the efforts required to prep a track when its a 100 plus degrees out ,but with the right combination it can be done, hopefully we will see the results soon.

I didn't mean in anyway in what I posted above to knock the job that the Kunkels do. I know its hard work. I too have broken parts from this weekend, and I never made contact with anyone. Bobby Stacy did spend some time talking with Tommy after the races, and discovered a few things. Alan, feel free to call me if you think it could help, as I paid close attention. (210) 827-0229

That being said, it may not all be due to prep. There is a reason George used to run the bombers at the end of the night. Now that the pure stock class is growing, you have more of the heavy cars with little skinny tires digging into the track. Not sure if they really fit at the end of the show, but I'd bet good money that they play some part in digging the holes on the landing point in the turns.

Just trying to help out. The fans get a better show if there are more cars around at the end of the race.

trying to toss my idea out here . im not a seasoned racer yet but south texas did that to an extent. they would run the LLM first which made it hell trying to race around the bottom on the track because that was the only line at that part of the night. The heavy bigger class' (bombers) help roll the track in for big high HP cars like the late models. imagine 10 late models running a one lane track with the top side still slimey. pot holes bend spindels but someone washing out into slime and hitting a wall destroys cars.

I don't think the running order is the problem. The preperation has something to do with it. This track has been around for along time and for the most part it has been smooth sailing.Like I said, I know the Stacy's will get it corrected it just has to be done differently than it is being done now.

I just want to say that the Stacy family appreciates the hard work, the long hours and the commitment to SOS by Kunkels. We look forward to working with Alan & Kenny for a long time. Yes, we recognize the surface has been inconsistent. Just know that we continue to ask questions and learn techniques. Our goal is to see improvement and to give the racers the smooth tacky surface that SOS is known for.

Thanks,

Keith Stacy

as for pure stock last cause tires is long past our tires are same as modified and most same as limited tires i dont think on purestock is problem,

and for pures racing last well kiss many fans bye bye and money spent at concession cause purestock is not going to keep fans in stands also the few fans that come watch our cars wont come and watch pures run last its hard for them to stay long enough to watch the limiteds after pure race for feature,,they leave from watching already and get home at 11:00 or later and thats leaving early,

and please folks dont think next comment if trying to put anyone down or starting anything track guys are doinig great its is hard to hold full time job and be able to have enough time to prep track yes next thing i do know just a little about dirt work so dont throw stones i'm better at building roads that is travable and passable for vehicles have build numerous with no come backs and still building and no dont need any new work have plenty so i can still race, but why not try and talk with the past folks that has spent years preping track and finding out from them who has already faught this battle and dealt with these problems for example and hold comments Larry Louden he has preped track for a past owner and had good success and this could help the track in future just a thought

Man people i really cant say much for what has happened the past few races because i have not been there been on vacation now all that are haveing break down problems well im sorry. The reason it was so dang rough last race was because i went in there and sheepsfooted the crap out of the track trying to rip it up alittle so it would take water well it did. Next race will be better. Now i dont need to talk to anybody else about how to prep the track and dont need any help been doing this for almost three years and have seen most any weather condition and in that time i dont think i have ever had any body second guess me or even have this problem the only complaint that we would get everytime was about the racecars packing well we fixed that by doing it all with the trucks. I know what the problem is but it couldnt be fixed in one night but it will be back to a great tacky track.

thank you

Alan

Man people i really cant say much for what has happened the past few races because i have not been there been on vacation now all that are haveing break down problems well im sorry. The reason it was so dang rough last race was because i went in there and sheepsfooted the crap out of the track trying to rip it up alittle so it would take water well it did. Next race will be better. Now i dont need to talk to anybody else about how to prep the track and dont need any help been doing this for almost three years and have seen most any weather condition and in that time i dont think i have ever had any body second guess me or even have this problem the only complaint that we would get everytime was about the racecars packing well we fixed that by doing it all with the trucks. I know what the problem is but it couldnt be fixed in one night but it will be back to a great tacky track.

thank you

Alan

Alan, y'all are doing a great job. Nothing is perfect everytime! Keep up the great work and thank you for all that you do! ;)

thank you

Alan

Alan, I want to thank you for what you do for the Stacy's and for us, the drivers. The track won't be perfect every night, but all of us drivers have to drive on the same track. I can speak from experience, I prepped Texana for the past six years, it takes time and sweat to do it racenight after racenight. So I am aware of what goes into it. Plus holding down a 40-50hr a week job. I ended up winning the other night, which I am thankful for, but I'm also thankful for what you and the all the help at SOS and the Stacy's do. See y'all next time.

Archived