If you are looking for a hotel for the weekend of July 13th / 14th there are a few decent ones near Edna. If you want to drive back to Victoria (about 30 minutes) there aremany hotels as with any decent size town, plus lots of nice restraunts in Victoria. Remember, we have practice available on Friday night.

If you want to stay near Edna and need some hotel info for Edna proximity, here are a few:

1. Best Western on US 59. 361/781-0500 (I believe this one is a little over $100 per night)

2. America's Best Value Inn on US 59. 361/782-5276 (decent hotel in the $75 range)

3. Jackson Inn on US 59. 361-782-0808 (I don't know anything about this place)

4. There is a brand new hotel in downtown Ganado that is pretty nice, which is about 10 miles from the track on the Houston side of Victoria. It is the Budget Inn and Suites and it is somewhere around the $80 range. 866-538-8430

I'll just add to Monty's post since I've stayed at some places down there before....

**My stays were all before the current gas/oil boom in south Texas...

Best Western....they are VERY proud of their motel!!!!

Americas Best Value....if you go to their website you can become a Value Club member and get 10% off....decent place

Jackson Inn....decent place....have to park along roadside if you have truck/trailer

There is/was one other place in town, the name escapes me, but I DO NOT recommend it.....enough said

All of these places are rather small and fill up quickly, so get your room early or you'll end up going to Victoria...

There is also the state park on Lake Texana for those that like camping.....Everyone says there's gators in it, but I've never seen them...

Archived