Baptist Children's Home Car Show

San Antonio Speedway and FASCAR will be having a car show on Saturday, September 4th, from 10A-2P at the Baptist Children's Home located at 7404 Hwy 90 West (Hwy 90 and Loop 410) in San Antonio. The Baptist Children's Home is a home for abandoned, abused, and neglected children. It's an awesome experience to watch the children light up when they are allowed to sit in the race cars at the car show. The children and staff from the home will be attending the races that night. Most all of the children have never experienced watching stock car races. This is a once in a lifetime experience for most of the children so if you have hero cards, flyers, pictures, etc. that you can bring and autograph that will make it that much greater! So come to the car show, make a new fan and show the children that you care!

This event would not have been possible without the caring heart of Mike Sepich and Debbie Williams and the generosity of San Antonio Speedway. Without their strong commitment to the children of the Baptist Children's Home over the past 7 years, the positive influences that help to shape their lives would not have been possible. Thank you very much from my heart to yours!

If you are a FASCAR member, participating in this car show will count towards the requirement for the FASCAR Drivers' Point Fund.

If you're interested in helping out with this show, please send me a private message or email me. All drivers in all classes are invited to participate!

Jean Nesser

FASCAR Corresponding Secretary/Historian

Baptist Children's Home Case Manager

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank all the people that helped make the Baptist Children's Home Car Show on Saturday, September, 4th a memorable one for all the children. Although it did rain, the children greatly enjoyed themselves and it will be something they will be talking about for weeks to come. Unfortunately, due to the rain the races were cancelled that night and they weren't able to attend. Graciously, San Antonio Speedway is still allowing the children to come on another night to the races before the end of the season.

I just wanted to share my appreciation to the following drivers and their crews for showing their cars at the Baptist Childrens Home Saturday:

Vince Trietch #11 Sportsman

Kelly Earnhardt #13 WOW and #73 Road Runner

Michael Odom #79 Road Runner

Milton and Mel Krauss #70 TAMS

Jean Nesser #96 (yes I brought my car too and it actually started!) LOL

. . . and SAS officials - Keith Little, Gerald Fisher, and Debbie Williams

. . . and other guests - TAMS (Texas Asphalt Modified Series) and ARTS (Allstar Race Truck Series)

Special thanks goes out to Keith Little who provided each child with a Mark Martin Hero Card, TAMS who provided each child with a TAMS t-shirt that they are extremely excited about wearing to the races when they go (thanks Wayne Norrell) and last but not least, Bill and Cookie Jordan from ARTS who brought out their Cockatiel birds for the children to pet and hold, that was an awesome experience for them.

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedules for these children, those hours you spent with the children will make memories that last a lifetime! You have truely helped make a difference in the life of a child and I send my heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you who participated or helped in any way.

God Bless

Jean,

It was my pleasure, I think I enjoyed it more then the kids. To see their faces filled with excitement was worth going and bearing the rain. We were there to make them feel special (and they are) but they made me feel special that day and it came at a time when I needed it most. Thanks for the invitation!

Kelly

Archived