2-Day Event at Hill Country Raceway

dirttrackgirl13

This is just a reminder that next weekend August 28 & 29 we will have races both days for all classes. Saturday will also include the Coupes. The pay outs for this weekend will be as follows: Saturday-Full Purse

Sunday-1/2 Purse

This weekend's events is sponsored by Sunoco Fuel. If anyone has any questions please call us at 830-367-2695. Gates open at 12:00 p.m. and races start at 5:00 p.m. Thankyou

Sincerely,

Hill Country Raceway

I just want to say that when I first read these negative comments I got upset but then I thought about it and instead I have to thank you guys for posting even if it was negative because it kept this post on the front page so that drivers and fans can see the schedule for this weekend. I do want to say that before I met Henry Witt I had a bad conception of him because of posts like this but after meeting him I realized that he is a very good person and just loves racing. So I guess any race track Henry races at is subject to this kind of negativity or maybe just this race track either way it's a shame that there are alot of other racers at these tracks but only Henry gets acknowledged. Thanks again for your posts. Have a good day.

Sincerely,

Kristine

Kristine, I can't see any way that you could consider my post a negative one, other than our past history on here. I merely stated a FACT, if you can show me where I'm wrong, I'll gladly retract it. HCR wants to get publicity for Henry Witts 200th win as well as help him get wins towards the title. Having two races simply increases the odds of both. If he wins at I-37 on Friday, I'll probably be at HCR Saturday to cover it for IMCA, too.

FYI, Henry Witt and I are friends, we talk several times a month. I've even spent time on the computer and phone looking for tracks that weren't rained out for him. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with his points racing tactics, which we have also talked about. I'd love to see him win the National Championship, but racing for it. Running at tracks with only 10 cars just for fairly easy wins, is not "my opinion" on how to do that.

Okay I guess I am missing something but this Sunday's race had nothing to do with a 200th win(first of all I don't know if anyone knew that) it was put in for make up rain days because all of us drivers were asking about it. So HCR contacted IMCA and this will be the only day we will be able to make up a race because of the cut off IMCA has for any added sanctioned days. It is not just the modifieds who wanted a makeup day but the rest of us in the other classes did too. As for your comment about our history on forums I am sorry to disappoint you but it has nothing to do with that. That was then, this is now. Besides we e-mailed each other a long time ago and settled our differences I thought. I do apologize if you read more into my post than was there. The point I was trying to get across is that there are alot more racers that this decision had to do with and not just about one racer. It wasn't about Henry getting anything out of it, it was about all the drivers as a whole. As for the comment about publicity I don't know anyone at HCR or that is affiliated with HCR to have ever made a comment to that effect.

Sincerely,

Kristine

Archived