A TRUE

JohnnyT66

We go to the races because its what we love., at least thats why i go..We pick a track we like and feel safe at..But things can go wrong..And last night some things did..When Mr Watsons car exploded, i went into the trailer and prayed for him..There was a SPECIAL person there that put there life ON THE LINE to save this man, And he did!!, ERIC KANUTSON, You young man are a HERO!!!..Thank you for your actions!!!, Eric and i have crossed before, and we will again on something,.But my RESPECT and Praise for what you did will never be forgotten..To Jim and Joy, hats off you for teaching him to not turn his back to one in need....THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!, Frank Torres

We go to the races because its what we love., at least thats why i go..We pick a track we like and feel safe at..But things can go wrong..And last night some things did..When Mr Watsons car exploded, i went into the trailer and prayed for him..There was a SPECIAL person there that put there life ON THE LINE to save this man, And he did!!, ERIC KANUTSON, You young man are a HERO!!!..Thank you for your actions!!!, Eric and i have crossed before, and we will again on something,.But my RESPECT and Praise for what you did will never be forgotten..To Jim and Joy, hats off you for teaching him to not turn his back to one in need....THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!, Frank Torres

That was well said Frank!! You are always good with words!!

This is Rhonda, Eric's wife. Frank, I truly appreciate you thanking Eric for what he did. I hope it shows all of you that he does care about all of you driver's. I can hardly stand to read these forums sometimes because of the whining and complaining that is posted on here. As his wife it is very hard for me to deal with the criticizing because I know how dedicated he is to the track and all of you. Every week he puts in many hours prepping the track and is very hard on himself when the racing surface is not perfect and things go wrong. He is so dedicated to you guys that he could not be home for his daughters 5th birthday party yesterday. In fact none of his family was here because they were all at the track putting on a show for all of you. It really bothers me to read on other threads of people talking about him wearing shorts and a tshirt. He said to let ya'll know that he is aware of the risk he takes by choosing to wear that and it is his choice. When I saw him in the hospital last night he told me he was most concerned with the drivers safety and not his burns. I truly did not realize how it played out until I saw Jamie's pictures and it really hit me hard. I am so proud of my husband for standing on top of that fire truck and putting the fire out. I really hope that this buys him a little more respect from all of you that like to sit back and criticize and complain. Thank you to everyone that has expressed concern, he appreciates it.

Rhonda... We have never met but ever since our first race eric has been there for us.. he even helped us weld our weights on the first season cause dont have the gear to do it..He always tells me to give it all i got and always wishes us luck... He is truley a dedicated man.. yes everyone makes mistakes and others only see one side of the fence.. Cant please everyon but he does his best.. The upmost respect for him and everyone that has put thier time in to make our nights fun... Kind of like soldiers..sacrafice for others enjoyment... So a big HOOAH to Eric. Get well buddy....

Rhonda~ it is great to hear that Eric is doing great. My daughter works in the scoring tower and has a great relationship with Eric. She saw him drop to the ground and roll after the explosion. When she walked down to where I was sitting she was very shaken up. All she could say is what a courageous thing he did. After the fire was out and clean up was underway it was obvious that Eric was in a great deal of pain as he walked to the ambulance.

I truly believe that whether someone likes or dislikes Eric noone would ever wish him harm in any way!!

We wish him well and a speedy recovery. I know for my daughter things wont be the same at the track til she hears his voice on the radio.

Kim Marcx

I am so relieved that Eric is going to be ok! He is one of the hardest workers I have ever seen! Just like his mom and dad! He goes from start to finish at full tilt only taking time to grab a hot dog from me on the run! I have the greatest respect for him and I am so happy to know that he is back home with his family! I know Rhonda is happy to have him home! I can only imagine the fear she went thru! Thank you to your whole family for all that you do to make each race day a success!!

Archived