SAS Quick Results

SASPEEDRACER24

LM 12 Cars Started 13 Showed

1. James Cole (Congrats you earned it)

2. Robert Barker (In Knudtson's (sp) car)

3. Danny Garcia

Sportsman I believe 18 started

1. Jason Oates (Again) During Post Race Activities Burned Up the Clutch

2. Tommy Casey

3. Kenny Hurley (In Bellino's #20 car)

Roadrunners

1. Mark Mathias (sp) by half a car...

2. Greg Rhomer

3. 00 not sure if it was Frautschi or Odom

WOW

1. Kelly Earnhardt

2. Cindy Oates

3. Missy Jones

Night went quickly think it ended before 11 and ran pretty smoothly there were no blown motors or any major wrecks. 3 Total Spins in LM Ackerman 2 times, Jason Smith and Larry Bendele while taking the green flag midway through the race Bendele's thottle linkage came undone putting him a lap down ... Sportsman, Charlie Earnhardt spun 2 times once with Mark Rahn, Tator Mason broke a Timing Chain midway through the race after being in 2nd for quite awhile, during his post race (cough) burnout Justin Oates burned up his clutch leaving his car to be towed off the track... I have a feeling he wont try buring out that way again...Roadrunners midway Mathias and Rhomer battled hard for the last 5 laps going door to door on numerous occasions with Mathias taking the win by half a car...Only one Spin and that was Kelly Earnhardt while leading...Congrats to all the drivers on a good night of racing...If I didnt stop by and say hi...sorry I missed ya...

Yeah the races at SAS Saturday night was great. There was a bunch of hard door to door racing and no major incidents. All the drivers did a great job getting around Charlie Earnhardt without contact in Sportsman class when he spun out in the front of the pack. Occasionally there is a miracle! The races finished at 10:45 p.m. The tow truck didnt have to get used until Justin burnt up his clutch. For those who werent there you missed a great night of action packed racing and now (unoffically) we have a tie for first place in the Late Model class! And it was Frautschi because Odom didnt race.

Archived