OPENING NIGHT WILL BE IMCA SANCTIONED

i37DirtTrackMama

I think this is a great move on the tracks part, it shows the week end and week out racers that they care about them, I'm sure if some guys want to come with a body that doesn't meet the rules or headers that doesn't meet imca that most of the racers wouldn't care but that is jmo...

joe

Hey eric I'm just wondering whats so much diffrent about the Edna cars? Headers and minor body stuff?

Yeah body and headers mainly. Were on the same tire as imca it just doesent say imca just H-500 "hard". And maybe a couple of my wheels dont say imca.

we dont need points just a place to race like eric said! and can we buy a 1 day license? aint like we have anything special " but if yall dont want to race with more cars we can go somewhere else "?

Really, There are rules for a reason. Why is it the tracks place to accomodate to every drivers needs. It should be the drivers to accomodate to the rules of the track that they are wanting to run. If a person is willing to race under different rules then they should not be allowed points or a purse.

Although this is on I-37 forum this is nothing against i-37 but more against all imca tracks, until they start teching, and I mean real teching there isn't going to be much difference between imca and outlaw other than the cost of the license. When was the last time you saw a pan pulled to check for cap screws, light weight cranks, stroked motors, 6.0 rods? I've been racing 4 years and have seen pans pulled once, in Abilene at the Ice breaker the first year I ever raced and that was only the sunday race and they told everybody before the race they were pulling pans! How bout intakes for port matching runners, bowl work, springs, hell even roller rockers? Pop Up pistons? it goes on and on....point is that the tracks allow for this to happen but then again the racers can protest and when has that ever happened? Not sure what the answer is but just checking spoilers, tires and a-arms for stickers isn't it.

joe

The thing about it is... In the beginning of all this they were gonna allow opening night to be non sauctioned and allow different body rules and the minor things like that. Now that's changed and we have to have a license. No big deal. Not trying to get around anything or make a track accommodate to me. Was just going to go race if we could. End of story. No need to drag this out.

I really dont understand why all the worry about SMALL issues...There is a system in place for MINOR details to be corrected,(correction slip) by the next race night...Things like body panels, etc...Then there are rules in the book that say NOT LEGAL!!..So why should a FULL TIME racer from I37 have to race against a car given a brake???.When we travel to a track we make sure we meet the rules..If you are going to race here, why not meet the rules???I know the cost of a 1st class SPORT MOD like you have, whats the problem spending $150 or so on headers that meet the rules??,Its a slap in the face to I37 racers to race against things we cant have because we run by the book...Mickey Helms runs here often for many years, was he given a brake???..When we ran at Texanna and STS we knew the difference, We did not ask them to change what was in there book, and bought registration and licences...I really hope you guys plan on racing here, and more then once...IMCA gives you one week on that licence, so i hope you come enjoy, then become a regular..I know G.W. Hessong was really a good guy when i met him at SOS, And i know you ran up front Floyd, so come have some fun...Frank Torres.............

When was the last time you saw a pan pulled

Joe, I've seen I-37 and Sportmod Nationals do it, as well as check stroke....keep in mind that when I finally get down there most guys are out of tech by then, so I don't know about any of the other things or other tracks.....Aren't pans supposed to have an inspection hole anyway?....But I agree that there are tracks that just do simple tech and call it good.....and it has nothing to do with sanctioned or unsanctioned....

Archived