Sport Compacts

thumper

Theres still time to get a sport compact ready for opening nite.All it takes is start with a running car,remove all the unneeded pieces,throw in a simple rollover bar and a door plate,add belts,fire extenguisher and a gas tank skid plate and VIOLA,the car is ready to start.Then you have all year for improvements as wanted.Front wheel drive OR rear wheel drive doesnt matter.Coupe,sedan,wagon,or truck,your choice.Cheapest way to race there is,open to anyone.Young,old,male,female,experienced or beginner.As easy as prepping an enduro car.Why sit in the stands when you can get a birds eye view on the track?

This kind of racer can be built in a weekend and your imagination can make your car unique.In todays economy this car makes good sence.Everybody without a race car right now should have one.Its not about speed,its about involvment.Who doesnt want to drive in a race on the track?

We had a great race in the shootout with cars from several tracks.Looking forward to another big end of year shootout.We saw all types of cars racing together.

I forgot to say these are 4 cyl cars but no brand is outlawed.Neons,Hondas,Mitsubushis,Colbalts,Focus,Stratus,Nissan,Toyota,Mustangs,

Caviliers,Tempos,all are legal.The factory is making good enough horse

power so racing parts are not needed.

The maintainence is next to nothing.Just drive carefully and dont wreck.If you do crash one just go get another car and transfer the needed parts.If you get the same brand you have spare parts.You dont have to spend a fortune or a lull time work to enjoy a nite at the races.

Sorry to take so long to reply Double D Racing but I am not a track official so I wanted to make sure I did not mis speak.

After a long conversation with the director of STS it was noted that there are several tracks around south Texas that run 4 and 6 cyl cars and most are stock powered.And after having run the various types together at the Shootout and after many inquiries the decision was made to allowthese various models to again race in the Sport Compact division providing each car is a legal entry at its home track.It was very much discouraged to build a new car for SC racing that was not within SC rules but to discourage the neighboring cars was unfriendly.Keep in mind a legal SC car will probably have the advantage because SC cars are allowed some alterations that is not allowed in frontrunners,ecostocks,mini stocks like Thunderhill.However if someone has a car and not racing that nite might as well come race here.

So if you want to join the race with a non SC car weather its 6 cyl,standard,or something else and its legal in your rules the welcome mat is out.Please dont modify your car using the SC rules unless you plan to do all the required items.We showed at the Shootout we can all run together as starting position was the key element.

This incorporation of different series cars follows the example set by Niel Upchurch with the Pro Sedand where non conforming car could race with Pro Sedans.Really no one wants to be left out and Owen does not want to leave anyone out.

Now its time for us to proove we are worth consideration and make a show we all can be proud of.Remember EVERY car is important.Racings future just might be affected by what we do this year.Hope to see everyone there on the 24th.Please no V8s

Mike,its so simple to make a legal SC car theres no reason not to.It will not take away from your bomber schedual as you know because theres so little maintance.Mares Racing,I know you have a frontrunner so bring that #3 again.

Mike,its so simple to make a legal SC car theres no reason not to.It will not take away from your bomber schedual as you know because theres so little maintance.Mares Racing,I know you have a frontrunner so bring that #3 again.

we have sold all the frontrunners ...no plans on getting any more ..

Archived