SPARK PLUGS .

HiTech

JUST INSTALLED THE 289 WITH COMP 351 HEADS .AND SO FORTH ...IN THE 65 MUSTANG ..HEADER.S ARE SHORTY.S COATED ...PROBLEM WITH NUMBER 6 PLUG BEING TO CLOSE TO THE HEADER ...COULD NOT GET THE PLUG STARTED WITH HEADERS BOLTED ON ..EXSPECTED IT TO BE TOUGH .. BUT NOT THIS BAD ..IF ANYONE HAS THIS SET UP ..WHAT PLUGS DO YOU HAVE ..I NEED SHORT PLUGS WITH 14.M.BY 7.MIN....STANDARD PLUGS ARE TO LONG .WONT BE ABLE TO PUT THE WIRES ON ...DAILY DRIVER SO IT ISNT TO WILD....AND SURE DO NOT WANT TO SMASH THE HEADER TUBE ....$450.00 HEADERS ..STUPID HAPPENS AFTER WORKING WITH 2.3 FOUR BANGERS FOR YEARS ...I AM BEHIND ON THE V8 SET UPS ..

Thats what i am trying to find out .our at work system wont show em....and everything i found looking by hand at work so far .is long .gotta get these plugs to snug alittle closer to the head ..away from the header .but not lose the dept needed ....i will try that 930.see if it comes up ..

as jerry jeff walker says, 'I've been down this road once or twice before..."

There is also a short NGK but my memory is that none are shorter than the accel (but some are as short). I always been able to source the accel the quickest. If that and 90 degree boots are still too tight, I afraid it's time to "adjust" the primary on the header a little and/or maybe go with some of that woven heat sock material on that wire.

(koolsleeve/protect-a-boot/koolsox etc).

I've had good luck with those products in some severe duty applications

jay

HOPE I CAN FIND SOME SHORTY.S WITHOUT ADJUSTING THE TUBE ......THE OWNER DOES NOT UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE TO DO THAT SOMETIMES...FIGURES IF YOU SPEND THE MONEY HE SPENT .THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT ..HE HAS NEVER MODIFIED A CAR BEFORE ..SO HE HAS NO CLUE TO THE SMALL PROBLEMS YOU RUN INTO WHEN DOING SO ..I DONT GET TO EXCITED OVER LITTLE THINGS YOU CAN OVER COME WHEN DOING SOMETHING LIKE THIS ....HE DOES LOL.TOLD HIM TONIGHT ..WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF MODIFYING ......AND THIS IS JUST A STREET CAR ..I ASK HIM TO JOIN US ON OUR NEXT RACER BUILD ..TOTAL DIFFERENT MONSTER ..LOL

Archived