Eric is right! There is a history between the two tracks even when one was closed not everyone went to the other. For some reason or another some drivers had their preference and would not support the other. Instead simply park the car which right now could really benefit Shady Oaks and them getting off the ground with new ownership. So its not as simple as having a "Track".

There is no such thing as a perfect track. Not everyone will be happy. If everyone would quit crying about everything and go race then maybe these tracks in south Texas would survive and be able to put the purses up. Oh and then there is the "I have spent $40000 on my car and they dont pay enough to race" speach. Well I bet the track owners have spent alot more to gamble on. If your one of those people that spend gobs of money on a race car to run at the local track then take your ass on to the east coast where they pay plenty on any given Saturday night and odds are you wont even make a feature. Its been the same complaint for a long time in south Texas. SOS can listen and take a chance to try and change this.

I see this as a huge opportunity for S.O.S to have full fields of cars.I also see it as an opporitunity for the racers to come together and make it a great year of racing as this is what most of us want to do.

Sometimes the racers need to step up to make great racing at your track. It not always up to the track owners to make things happen.

If we want to race in south Texas, it is up to the racer as well as the track owners to work together and not expect it to be a one way street where the owners bear all the resposibilities for making a sucsessful race.

As a racer, we can help by getting more people to the track on Saturday nights and trying our best to put on a good show. If we can help the track have people in the stands, then the owners will have more opportunities to pay better purses.

Obviously the tracks in this area are not getting rich however most of them are turning profits. Texana made it real clear they were one of the tracks making profits but had to turn attention to much bigger business espicially while the oil is doing so well. I cant blame them for that. Everything happens for a reason and this is going to give Shady Oaks a real good fighting chance for a come back so they can turn profits. SOS has had alot of bad luck but they are still open and fighting to stay that way! I hope this gets them on track to have a great year, good luck to the track and its racers.

Obviously the tracks in this area are not getting rich however most of them are turning profits. Texana made it real clear they were one of the tracks making profits but had to turn attention to much bigger business espicially while the oil is doing so well. I cant blame them for that. Everything happens for a reason and this is going to give Shady Oaks a real good fighting chance for a come back so they can turn profits. SOS has had alot of bad luck but they are still open and fighting to stay that way! I hope this gets them on track to have a great year, good luck to the track and its racers.

The statement above by my "partner in crime" says it pretty well. TRP made a decision and we as racers make decisions also. It is so true that just about every curve ball that could be thrown at SOS was thrown at it since it reopened in 2009. Curve balls we would never wish on anyone. I hate probably more than anyone that TRP will not be opened this year after over 25 years of continuous operations, and the fact that it is 20 miles from my driveway. Of course, we have to remember it is possible someone will jump in and lease or purchase the property. If not, who knows, it might be back in its full glory once someone has time to run it. For now, we move on. The new owners at SOS have their heart and soul in the place, and they jumped off in this without a lot of historical experience. Give them a chance first to show what they can do. Just like what the late models guys are doing, and what we are doing with the street stock shootout, it takes strength in numbers in the dirt track world these days.

And, Mitchy Bobby for President!

ps - I think i will keep "texana55" as my sign on. I'm kind of fond of it after 7 years.

I see this as a huge opportunity for S.O.S to have full fields of cars.I also see it as an opporitunity for the racers to come together and make it a great year of racing as this is what most of us want to do.

Sometimes the racers need to step up to make great racing at your track. It not always up to the track owners to make things happen.

If we want to race in south Texas, it is up to the racer as well as the track owners to work together and not expect it to be a one way street where the owners bear all the resposibilities for making a sucsessful race.

As a racer, we can help by getting more people to the track on Saturday nights and trying our best to put on a good show. If we can help the track have people in the stands, then the owners will have more opportunities to pay better purses.

AMAN

I say if the track puts in a bar and dance floor like Corpus did, it would be a big hit. Who cares about anything else if that happens. I tell you I'd be there every race for sure if that happened, as long as The Who was there.

And 55, are you that cutie with the goatee? Your posts are always so nice.

55 is that hot red head!

What a surprise we had this week with the announcement that TRP, under Bruce's direction, would not run the 2012 season. We know what a difficult decision this had to be but are glad to know business is good and the economy and jobs in Texas are improving. SOS has been asked about Hot Stock Trucks and would like to offer a once a month race. We would announce a purse for this class after we see if all Hot Stock Drivers are interested. If you have questions call one of the Stacy's. To all the racers and fans we would like to let you know we will welcome you at SOS. Thank you to everyone who is supporting and promoting our effort at SOS.

What a surprise we had this week with the announcement that TRP, under Bruce's direction, would not run the 2012 season. We know what a difficult decision this had to be but are glad to know business is good and the economy and jobs in Texas are improving. SOS has been asked about Hot Stock Trucks and would like to offer a once a month race. We would announce a purse for this class after we see if all Hot Stock Drivers are interested. If you have questions call one of the Stacy's. To all the racers and fans we would like to let you know we will welcome you at SOS. Thank you to everyone who is supporting and promoting our effort at SOS.

Will you be running the superstock class with the hotstocks trucks??

No, it is our intention to run the hot stock trucks under their TRP rules.

Really? We used to invite the trucks to run with the suoers when the class was struggling. Now we are not invited to run with the trucks. Don't quite understand that, guess I will have to drive elsewhere to race.

No, it is our intention to run the hot stock trucks under their TRP rules.

Really? We used to invite the trucks to run with the suoers when the class was struggling. Now we are not invited to run with the trucks. Don't quite understand that, guess I will have to drive elsewhere to race.

There is another one that is quick to go somewhere else.... Super stocks were not even on the schedule.

Archived