IMCA Lone Star Series race?

gone with the win

Jamie, I counted 8 ...One is on a Friday.....Are you looking at the revised dates???,I know I37 does not have any, So a local would need to travel..We are looking at doing it..,First one in Abilene the Sunday of the Ice breaker....

Feb26th,Abilene

March 9th,Boyd

March 11th Kennadale

March 25th,Stevensville

April 15th,Mountain Creek

May 27th,Heart of Texas,Waco

July 1st ,Texas Thunder

Frank t

Would it be nice.....Sure, it would be great....

The reality is though it won't happen...

In order to NOT conflict with regular track points/races it would have to run on Sunday(which is why the original schedule got revised) or early/late in season....

Sunday would be a travel issue for all the other track's teams that are 4 and MORE hours away....Granted our guys do it, but that's only a handful of guys vs. an entirety of the field....You'd get a few points chasers at best.....As I recall the other tracks make these a track points race also to ensue locals participation....Someone mentioned no I-Stocks or Hobbys already.....This means no base cars to even begin to draw from...

Early in the season several of the north tracks already have established shows starting in Feb. and points starting in March, so it would have to be before those.....Then you run into the number of guys that have their cars ready, unpredictable weather, etc...

Late in the year wouldn't go over either...If you noticed none of the races are scheduled after IMCA points season ends...

Not trying to be a negative Nelly....Just pointing out the reality/facts....

The ONLY way this would ever happen is if more south Texas jumped on board with IMCA sanctioning, and added the I-Stocks and Hobbys, to make sure the area was able to have a successful show, with minimal participation from north Texas teams.......and we all know that probably isn't going to happen....

I think it could be done Frank got the I stocks

and sport mods here when we had neither class.

Actually it was the I-Stocks and Hobbys, not Sportmods....and it was a full winter series run starting in Jan. before any other races were scheduled....The biggest thing was back then the IMCA points calculations were far different without a max. number of races....Since I was at most of those shows very few guys from north Texas tracks attended, except in Hobby Stocks.... Central Texas guys like Henry Witt(National points chaser) and the three Egbert boys(rookie points chasers) were the most consistent attendees, for the obvious reasons....

Buck is correct, the last two races are at 85 speedway and Gcs and are only the mod classes, I still don't think they would do it because of the distance. The problem with running late in the season is once the top 10 has been established you wont get all the cars. We started out with 40 cars in the early races and by the last race had 26 or so...

Archived