would you race?

sm44

• 2 months later...
some tracks just pay top three period and even that pay barely covers travel and tires....

I doubt very much that you are in mini stocks for the money.

Try this one Nick.

I dont race there but here it is

Regular Kart $2000

Wing Kart $2500

Trailer $6000

Spare parts and junk $1000

Total in vestment Guess

We race for a chance at $8 trophie We usually have about 10 family members on general side 5 on pit side Spend about $150 getting there and never complain.

Have a nice day Ladies and Gentlemen And when you see one of these kids shake his hand they think you big guys are god! They want to be just like you! Imange that Think before you drink!

Found this on one of my favorite websites. I thought maybe it would make a good read and sort of fits here. It's geared more toward race track operations, but this thread has sort of headed that way. Please don't take this as me telling anybody how they should run their track or race team. While I have my opinions from time to time, I know I'm no authority on it. It's only to generate some thought and conversation that may spark a positive change.

http://www.3widespicturevault.com/SENIOR_M...BPT_0073S_1.htm

While you're at it, if you've never checked out the site...it's an interesting one if you appreciate racing history.

Found this on one of my favorite websites. I thought maybe it would make a good read and sort of fits here. It's geared more toward race track operations, but this thread has sort of headed that way. Please don't take this as me telling anybody how they should run their track or race team. While I have my opinions from time to time, I know I'm no authority on it. It's only to generate some thought and conversation that may spark a positive change.

While you're at it, if you've never checked out the site...it's an interesting one if you appreciate racing history.

Ah, a good handbook for arm chair promoters...LOL...JK Good read and not really a radical thought process to have.

Ah, a good handbook for arm chair promoters...LOL...JK

Nice :P

I have always wondered why the driver and car had to pay to get in the pits. After all we are technically contract labor. Paid on our performance.

Here is a funny story. Years ago there was a 2 night event in corpus. It paid 500 to win for the minis. Unfortunately the car count was not high enough so it only wound up paying 250 to win.

Friday night I bought 5 pit passes. Me, wife, mom, dad, and pit helper. $125

Saturday night I bought 7 passes. Me, wife, both kids, mom, dad, pit helper. $175

Also on Saturday night my boss, his wife and 3 kids, his friend and wife and 1 child also bought pit passes. $200

Thats 500 dollars in pit passes for friends and family. Sure some of them could have sat in the stands but they wanted to be in the pits.

I basically paid the purse for almost the top 3 spots in the feature event.

Anyway you look at it, its club racing. And I'm OK with that.

Archived