which nose fits what

legfixr

lighting light hasn"t produced their abs nose yet and I want to use there body , will a nose from any other manufacture fit the lighting light fenders or do I go back to the front of doors. Is that even an option. Really would like to use a TUNDRA body.

We held a brand new ARP nose up to our LL fenders and hood a week or two ago - no go. They are cut at different angles and the flares are different. Going back to the doors won't work either - much different body lines (the LL body doesn't have any, the others do.)

The Speedway 1 nose darn sure won't fit - not even close.

So, with a LL body, your options are 1. Order the plastic nose that they have available right now that they are apparently making on an as-ordered basis or 2. Use the fiberglass nose. We ordered the plastic nose and tail, but we don't have it in yet, so I don't know how it looks.

We held a brand new ARP nose up to our LL fenders and hood a week or two ago - no go. They are cut at different angles and the flares are different. Going back to the doors won't work either - much different body lines (the LL body doesn't have any, the others do.)

The Speedway 1 nose darn sure won't fit - not even close.

So, with a LL body, your options are 1. Order the plastic nose that they have available right now that they are apparently making on an as-ordered basis or 2. Use the fiberglass nose. We ordered the plastic nose and tail, but we don't have it in yet, so I don't know how it looks.

thanks, you always come thru. guess I'll be ordering plastic tomorrow

Ricky and his wife put alot into those bodies. I have always understood the noses were interchanable within LL design but would not switch to another manufacture. Ricky is a long time racer and those bodies are build obviously with weight in mind...

I ran the fiberglass nose and tail with the kevlar last year and I was suprised how well they held up. They are good enough to run this year.

We ran it also. Not bad once we got adequate bumper support behind the middle of the nose, but having run plastic in the past, plastic is still the way to go.

I just hope their first go at a plastic nose is going to work well.

We only had to replace the nose once last year. :o

Thanks for all info more noses replaced when your not winning so many races chasing you this year

Archived