Trailer Axles

RobbinsSr

The torsion axles bolt up. But I'm looking at replacing them with regular axles. For some reson nobody want to sell the torsion axles, you call them and they seem gun ho on helping you and take your info and say they will call you back with how much and never call back. Strait axles you can buy anywhere.

If you're trying to go heavy duty you might check into mobile home axles....of course you'll have to buy tires/wheels to fit too.....When I was in that business I think we got $75 for floaters and $150 for brake axles.....tires are around 20-25 each depending on condition.....Some mobile home place MIGHT be willing to sponsor your axles/tires since they really cost the company nothing and is just added income from selling them to be recycled....Maybe worth a shot if the leaf spring will fit you existing mounts....

ive done it to big boat trailers before most trailer supply stores such as husky trailer in cc tx carry all the parts you need in stock. the only thing i would look at first is to see where the load bearing or main frame is located as long as it is not more than about 20 in from the hub face you shouldn't have any issues, then it is just a matter of setting up the springs, equalizers and axles. i built my own axles but you got to be sure you get the caster camber right when you weld in the spindles. they also sell a kit that comes with everything you need and have optional brakes. it wasn't too expensive if i remember correctly

Archived