2012 RACING SCHEDULE

i37DirtTrackMama

too many back to back weekends! with too many summer races jmo an every other weekend schedule would be better for fans and racers. it would allow racers to spread their cash out better and get more work done to the cars inbetween races

• 2 weeks later...

Between holidays, other track schedules, and I am sure the track peoples own personal schedules is what usually determines a schedule. It is what it is and not everyone will be happy with schedule no matter how it lays out. Too much, not enough, too close together, too much time off, etc, etc. I think rain may play a bigger role then it has in previous seasons too. One thing for sure it will be here before you know it!

TOO many races in a row and the a few weeks off in between! I think this schedule should have included my input :) Why race three weeks in a row and then have 3 weeks OFF this makes no sense.

There is a "method to our madness" and we have been using this method all 5 years we have owned the track.

The method is:

1. We schedule approx 18 regular season races.

2. We do not race holiday weekends as we know everyone has family gatherings. We also know that several of the other South Texas tracks have special holiday races and do not want to interfere with their special weekend race. This also gives our racers a chance to visit other tracks.

3. We do not race the week-end of Pleasanton's graduation.

4. We live in South Texas so we will miss at least 1 and probably 2 or 3 races due to tropical storms or hurricanes causing a wet track.

5. This is a business, if we don't race we don't make any money and then there will be NO racing.

QUESTIONS?

Joy Knudtson

Archived