heater problem

norman

i have a 1993 ford ranger it blows cold air only when i have the control lever on the heat side does any one have any suggestion for this problem

The quickest and easiest possible issue is not enough water in the coolant system, beyond that I think that system is vacuum controlled, check your vac. supply line under the hood next?

Check to see if water is low if not it may be a plug heater core. Pull heater hoses and run water with a garden hose water should run freely. If not plug heater core. replacing heater core in that truck is simple on the right side under dash there is a cover on the heater box has 4 bolts pull that pull your hoses off and pull heater core out. GOOD LUCK.

Check to see if water is low if not it may be a plug heater core. Pull heater hoses and run water with a garden hose water should run freely. If not plug heater core. replacing heater core in that truck is simple on the right side under dash there is a cover on the heater box has 4 bolts pull that pull your hoses off and pull heater core out. GOOD LUCK.

Just throwing this out there because it just happened to me last week.

Is the vehicle itself warming to normal temperature?

If not, the thermostat may be stuck open.

If so, disregard.

thanks for the suggestion i replaced the heater core and hoses abouct two years ago and replaced the radiator this year it has plenty of coolant i will look at the therostat thanks again thats what i like about this fourm you can all ways count on good people and racing stuf

thanks for the suggestion i replaced the heater core and hoses abouct two years ago and replaced the radiator this year it has plenty of coolant i will look at the therostat thanks again thats what i like about this fourm you can all ways count on good people and racing stuf

Were you able to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived