Rules on SS

matt5858

Are the 10" wide steel wheels going to be legal for the street stock class? If so then what tires can we run on them? I was going to sell my 15x10 wheels but I wont if I will be able to use them!

Yea!!! what matt said .. Walt..

Need to know pretty soon on rules for street stock get-em locked in so eeryone know what it's going to be

Dannys in reno for a promoters convention.....so....might be a little time before you get an answer....I am betting they will be allowed on asphalt pulloffs... but I am hoping that is a rule that would only be for a year to help in transition....8" wheels are the most universal wheel in dirt track racing...and it will benifit everyone to try to standardize to one wheel....cause pretty much any class you might run after street stocks will most likely be 8" wheels.

....cause pretty much any class you might run after street stocks will most likely be 8" wheels.

Let's see......there's Sport Mods & Mods, then there's Limited Late Models and Late Models. Seems like that's about a 50/50 chance to me. Then of course there's Sprints. Last time I checked, they weren't running on 8" wheels either.

That is The problem with wrbitten words..I cant tell if you joking or not.....if not.... I would bet there are more modifieds in Texas than there are Sprint cars , latemodels,dwarf cars, and pretty much every other dirt track car combined

So, with Most street stocks running them and all mods running them...along with pure stocks, hobby stocks and a few other classes as well..... I am pretty sure the 8" wheel is the most common dirt track wheel I'm Texas

Ps I hate auto correct and am refusing to fix the words my phone didn't like

Actually, AJ, it wasn't meant to dispute what you said. Only meant to point out in a dry humor way that it really won't make any difference either way. It really boils down to whatever Danny wants to do. If I were him, I'd do whatever is best for car count and a good show for the fans, and the 2 drivers that posted (Matt & Walt) both seem predisposed to 10", but will just sell their 10's and buy 8's if that's what it takes. There's plenty of 10" stuff running in the Houston and Dallas areas.

Guess I need to always remember to put the smiley face on here. :D

The rules for Limited Modified, Street Stock (with 8" Wheels), Pure Stock, ECO Stock are posted on www.Cottonbowlspeedway.com These are the rules we will be running. If a Street Stock shows up with 10" wheels and 10" asphalt pull-offs they can run that night but will have to comply with rules from then on. Any questions about rules Email: rules@cottonbowlspeedway.com

Cotton Bowl Speedway Tech. Guy

That sounds great! I would rather run 8" wheels and tires anyway! I heard rumor that 10" wheels and tires was going to be allowed and I wanted to get it straight on what it is going to be! It will be a nightmare hunting down 10" used "GOOD" pull offs! I just want to know what I need to buy and what I can sell! See yall in a few months! Have a great holiday season!

Matt Hodge

That sounds great! I would rather run 8" wheels and tires anyway! I heard rumor that 10" wheels and tires was going to be allowed and I wanted to get it straight on what it is going to be! It will be a nightmare hunting down 10" used "GOOD" pull offs! I just want to know what I need to buy and what I can sell! See yall in a few months! Have a great holiday season!

Matt Hodge

Rules say you can run 10'' wheels with asphalt pull offs

Matt Hodge

Rules say you can run 10'' wheels with asphalt pull offs

Only 1st time you come to track

Cotton Bowl Speedway Street Stock Rules on Tires and Wheels

TIRES AND WHEELS:

1. D.O.T. Tires Only with Maximum 9 in. tread width. No recaps and NO tire softeners.

2. Hoosier G-60, KK704 or 15KK704-short Tires, or 8” or 10" asphalt pull-off tires Allowed.

3. Grooved or Siping of tires are the only tire modification Allowed. No tire softner.

4. Steel wheels ONLY. Maximum wheel size allowed is 15” x 8”. Any back spacing ok.

5. One (1) bead-lock is allowed. Bead-lock outer rings may be steel or aluminum.

6. 1” O.D. lug nuts are required. ⅝ lug studs are required.

7. Wheel spacers & Adapters may be used.

• 3 months later...
Cotton Bowl Speedway Street Stock Rules on Tires and Wheels

TIRES AND WHEELS:

1. D.O.T. Tires Only with Maximum 9 in. tread width. No recaps and NO tire softeners.

2. Hoosier G-60, KK704 or 15KK704-short Tires, or 8” or 10" asphalt pull-off tires Allowed.

3. Grooved or Siping of tires are the only tire modification Allowed. No tire softner.

4. Steel wheels ONLY. Maximum wheel size allowed is 15” x 8”. Any back spacing ok.

5. One (1) bead-lock is allowed. Bead-lock outer rings may be steel or aluminum.

6. 1” O.D. lug nuts are required. ⅝ lug studs are required.

7. Wheel spacers & Adapters may be used.

I have a street stock I run 8" wheels with IMCA 500's can I run them until I can get new tire sponsor met all other parts of the rules

• 3 weeks later...
27X10X 15 ASPHALT TIRES WERE DESIGNED TO RUN ON 10" WHEEL, JUST LIKE THE G60'S WERE DESIGNED TO RUN ON A 8 IN WHELL..... PER HOOSIER SPECIFICATIONS...... SO TO LEVEL EVERYONE UP WOULD YOU PUT ALL G60'S ON A 6 IN WHELL????????

they were also designed to run on asphalt....not dirt....

but on a more serious note....I have ran classes that requires them to be on 8" wheels....they still work good....just saying...

AJ QUOTE ....... said they were also designed to run on asphalt....not dirt....

AJ......I DON'T CARE WHAT WE RUN THEM ON.....I WONT (LOVE THAT WORD) BUY ANOTHER SET OF WHEELS ...6 OR 7 ...JUST TO RUN AT AT THE COTTON BOWL ..........WHEN THE OTHER 15 TRACKS THAT WE RUN AT.......ALL ALLOW 10 IN..........

Archived