HMP Trucks: 2012 Rules?

CC57

Well it's that time of year. Time to tear down my truck and freshen it -and the motor - up.

Just wondering, I haven't seen any notices or announcements on the rules for 2012.

So can I safely assume there will be no changes to the Truckk rules going into and for 2012, for the HMP Trucks?

HMP, thanks in advance for your reply

Well it's that time of year. Time to tear down my truck and freshen it -and the motor - up.

Just wondering, I haven't seen any notices or announcements on the rules for 2012.

So can I safely assume there will be no changes to the Truckk rules going into and for 2012, for the HMP Trucks?

Robert, from what I understand, they are working on getting the 2012 rules finished up, but they are not done yet. There is a rules meeting at THR on November 19 (might have the date wrong), and some of the HMP classes run at THR also, so I wouldn't think they would be out until after that.

It might have been a "DREAM" but I thought they were going to 10" slicks & 4 barell carbs. Lmao :lol:;):o

From HMP's lack of response and reading Chase's reply, I'm getting nervous about what changes are in store.

John, how about throwing us bone here?

(EDIT: need to proof read what I write before submitting)

I've been curious about what, if any, changes are coming for the Pro Stocks. I've heard rumors and talk but until I see it on the web site I'm kinda like you CC57...waiting...

Speaking about Pro Stocks, I did ask, and was told, the only pending change was to go back to the 5" ride height for Novas. But during one of the last races Jack mentioned that they were considering a track width rule as well. Waiting until mid-November, in my mind, doesn't leave much time to 'adjust' to a change. Pardon the pun.

It does sound like they are trying to get the packages 'closer' for both HMP and THR.

Tick, tock...tick, tock...

From HMP's lack of response and reading Chase's reply, I'm getting nervous that on how what changes are in store.

John, how about throwing us bone here?

I'm not privy to any inside info, but I don't think there is any cause to get nervous. I think both HMP and THR have shown in the past that they aren't going to make big changes to a class that is growing. I'm thinking this year won't be any different.

• 4 weeks later...
i actually did look at th 50 truck and text the guy. you think thats a good deal huh?

haha ya, a truck new i heard costs around $10,000 and it comes with no spare parts. Our frame is straight, has been competative all year but just never had the luck, finished 3rd in points. Give me an email or call and you can come over and take a look at it. $8,500 Email:50travisbenson50@gmail.com and call 281-379-1423 for info

Travis

haha ya, a truck new i heard costs around $10,000 and it comes with no spare parts. Our frame is straight, has been competative all year but just never had the luck, finished 3rd in points. Give me an email or call and you can come over and take a look at it. $8,500 Email:50travisbenson50@gmail.com and call 281-379-1423 for info

Travis

im th guy that text ya about truck last week i may try to come check ur truck out thursday or so if ur gonna be around. i will call ya wed and try to schedule something.

im th guy that text ya about truck last week i may try to come check ur truck out thursday or so if ur gonna be around. i will call ya wed and try to schedule something.

Ya that was my dad u were texting, ya sooner the better, u can email or call and that will be fine.

Archived