THR Enduro

somebody explain this enduro thing for me i don't understand .

Someone said that its for the enduro class

some say it's an enduro race?????????????

What is it???

Chris

with a 200 lap race.. its pretty much an enduro. The start is a Standing Start. Usually cars are lined up at the exit of Turn 4 and line up around the track Turn 4, ,Turn 3, back straight, Turn 2... until the last car is on the field.. I have seen cars 3 wide bumper to bumper... there was over 150 cars at the last race i went to. at the drop of the green flag the fun begins. It has simular rules to that of Grandstock. There are No Yellows.. Only Red. and the red flag only comes out when there is a fire/roll over/or physical danger that could put someone in the hospital.

The car's have a roll cage, door plates, Gas tank move, battery move, and general Safety precautions. But they are very cheap to make for the most part.. The first car to cross the line in 200 laps is the winner.. and sometimes it can take a while to figure out who is 2nd and 3rd... Scoring these are rather hard, and sometimes tracks require that every car put up a "Scorer" to aid in this task.... If your run out of gas.. better go get some.. if you get a flat.. better change it... you never really know what your positon is till its all over.

I don't know exactly what rules THR will run by.. but all i can say is these are a blast.. to watch.. "Never have got a chance to race" Hummm

chirs ,depending on the track some have a time clocks for your scorer to take your time on each lap due to the amount of cars that race ,and with the purse they are having i would gess thier will be alot of cars in this race . i watched a enduro at heart of texas and the had car for the flag stand to the middle of the back straight almost to turnb two

Enduro defines the type of race, not the type of car.. I have seen 4 cylinder enduro and 8 cylinder enduro races. I can only guess it will be 8 cylinder which will most likely mean rules very similar to what would be a legal Grand Stock car, maybe without the wheelbase rule, but as I said, that's only a guess.

I was caught Jim at the track on Saturday night trying to get more info and he said that Jack was working on the rules and should have them out shortly.. best answer i can tell you.. I have seen enduro's that have 4 6 and 8... 8 really isn't really an advantage persay... so its hard to say.. but i trust Jack will put us straight as soon as he can. :rolleyes::D

Darin,

You running in that race?

Cause I might be also. Frank said they would see about getting me a car for it.

When is the Enduro anyway? I need to see if I have that night free.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel.

Ok.. i have dropped the word about Don't forget I37 rules... I am guessing it would be the Pure stocks....

The race is October 2nd.. and i think it will be mid afternoon... 200 laps.. :D

Sarge you better start taking some vitamins... not sure how long its been since you've drove.. but 200 laps is a lot...

Sarge,

If they allow our rules it sounds like it's worth putting in the backup motor and tranny. Enduros are really hard on your engine. Haven't finished building the motor yet but theres plenty of time. Never driven THR before. Might be fun. Be nice to see what the total payout would be and changes to the rules. Wife don't like me racing at CCMS so I need another asphalt track to play at on my off nights. To bad theres not another dirt track close to CC.

abrungot,

The race is October 2nd

Dang! I will be in Houston with the TSRS that day.

Not dang, I will be with TSRS, but Dang, I will miss this chance to have fun.

not sure how long its been since you've drove

It has been just over a year since my last race. I drove a Thunder Stock (pure stock) in both the heat and feature at Texas Thunder Speedway in Killeen last year. I have a grand total of 34 racing laps under my belt. The afore mentioned Thunder Stock race was 24 of those laps, then I have two five lap "announcer grudge" races.

That is why I want to do an Enduro. I would get ten times the amount of laps in one race!

Well perhaps next year.

Darin

Good luck with this race. There is another Enduro at Heart of Texas Speedway in Waco on the 8th. But the rules I reas sound like bone stock "cruiser" type of cars. Should still be a hoot.

C ya Friday night!

Bill "Sarge" masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel.

Archived