glowing headers

railer

glowing headers, changed heads , up the jets 73 to 78 still glow , 33deg timing to 36 ,the cam has 4deg bilt in it ,, new heads again still glow ,, new headers , still glows running ar 72 plugs 110 fuel only on the right side , very little air from the fan on that side , ran a duct from front of car to that side ,, 456- 500deg on idle temps on headers r side any one has or had this problem ,, water temp 210 220 during race after race. sitting after race 240 water weter in it 4 blade fan trip pass radiator 5/8 restrictor bypass hoses from back to front on manifold ?????? any help

I would start with looking at the plugs, my right side manifold red hot, pulled plugs and all four on right side have some oil fouling and the left side not glowing and the plugs not oil fouled. Im sure it needs some rings on the rights side as this engine was overheated once real bad. I upped my jets and left my timing alone at 36. It ran much better. I am going to do a compression test to make sure. My belief is that oil in the combustion chamber with a leaner mix raises temperature.

Archived