Jay, you wanted it, you got it. My writeup....

SassyCassie14

You want a writeup, here it goes.

I-37 Raceway was set to have the 3rd and final round of the street stock shootout. 31 total street stocks showed up, to have a chance to take home the gold. Mother nature TIRED to throw a wrench in our parade but no luck. Track management never gave up.

***on a side note, we should never have another rain out ever again, due to the fact they proved they can do it!

Anyways, after starting ceremonies, the night of fun in the mud started. And it was muddy!!!

Heat races, well it was sloppy and slick. Not a whole lot of racing going on. Just trying not to tear equipment up was the goal most had it mind.

Street stock time trials: Donny Horelka came out of "retirement" and put down one heck of a qualifying time, picking up the pole for the shootout race. Wtg Donny!!!

Time Trials looked like this:

Donny Horelka

Shawn Kline

Dennis Hilla

Bobby Jack

Michael Lyon

Stephan Danielsen

Brian King

Wade Jones

Franky Ohruhlik

Chris Shafer

AJ Dancer

Aaron Leddy

Jason Kelly

AJ Wernette

Jason Fox

Matt Farris

Johnny Torres

Lauren Chamberlain

Kevin Willms

Tony Blankenship

Anthony Gordon

Robert Robins

Nathan Robbins

Scott Stubbs

David McGuire

Tommy Casey

Shawn Moore

Patricia Lucas

Darin Leonard

Micky Helms

Cody Leonard

By the time the feature races were to begin, the track came in and was nice and fast!!!

Feature races began and you would have thought it was a full moon.

Tempered flared. Started out in the frontrunners and moved to the pure stocks and then onto the sport mods. And even followed into the pits after the racing on the track was over.

Some hard hard racing went on.

Also had a car fly off turn 3. One off turn 2. Both drivers okay.

LLM feature was kinda like who's equipment would last.

33 Bo Beckner blew a motor. 6 Craig Crawley blew a tranny. 18 Shane Moore had mechanical issues. 10 Chris Brock lost a clutch. 13 Howie Marcx a tire went down with 4 laps to go but still finished. 1x Andrew Hesler took turn 4 to deep and ended up kissing the wall.

99 Trey Votion ended up taking the win.

IMCA Sport Modifeds had one heck of a race. Track was awesome. Had sone drivers here that haven't shown their faces here in awhile. 19 Bruce Barber, 119 Eric Floyd driving a sport mod for the first time here. It was great seeing Eric Floyd, 84k Patrick Kelly and 57 Jason Kelly battle it out for the win. Eric takes home his first win in the sport mod division. Followed by Jason Kelly.

66 Johnny Torres had the fans in the stands cheering. He was flying through the field. He clinched the I-37 Raceway sport modified championship. Wtg Johnny "Southside" Torres.

Onto the Street Stocks. Boy oh boy, was their some talent in this class. 14 Donny Horelka. 41 Wade Jones, 88 Bobby Jack, 77 Chris Shaffer, 94 Johnny Torres (who finishes 4th, with a broken right front shock) and the list goes on.

I for one would have loved to see it come down to Donny and Wade battling it out for the win. But Wade didn't have the luck on his side. Had contact with another driver and cut down a tire. He finished in 10th place. Bobby Jack took the checkers.

Wade Jones, after having a flat, may not have won the battle but he won the war. He is the 2011 Street Stock Shootout Champion.

How's that for a writeup. LOL

"Like". Nice job lady!! I can tell you from experience, you just made a huge mistake writing this summary. You've demonstrated yet another talent that will be drawn from... I was wondering why you were texting so intently all night long and now I understand. Impressive you did all of those updates via phone. An unparalleled skill, that Jay will envy for a long time to come...

"Like". Nice job lady!! I can tell you from experience, you just made a huge mistake writing this summary. You've demonstrated yet another talent that will be drawn from... I was wondering why you were texting so intently all night long and now I understand. Impressive you did all of those updates via phone. An unparalleled skill, that Jay will envy for a long time to come...

(LIKE)<-----

Had to make my own like button.... Great job Cass! Way to go to all the racers.

I knew you had it in you Sassy.....LOL....I'd say it was better than one previous track publicist, but Nick will probably delete it....At least it shows you were more intent on the racing than the UT football game....I did PM some corrections....

An unparalleled skill, that Jay will envy for a long time to come...

LMAO @ Monty....I'm lucky to figure out how to answer my phone.....

well done!! ;) good seeing and talking with you also. hope to be back :ph34r:

It was nice talking with you and your daughter as well.... she is so sweet!!!

Hope you do come back here soon!

and Jay, I was sooo busy trying to pay attention to all the other classes, I didn't have time to pay attention to my Longhorns! :(

But they won 49-20. I do know that!

Archived