stud girdles?

BobbyJack

In two years we have not broke a rocker arm or stud in our Sport Mod....So why the added expense of a Stud Girdle....And if you say they wont give you more horse power, I may agree, But you can turn the motor at a higher RPM...OOOPs , thats more power...Now i gotta say that on a MODIFIED,i dont understand the rule at all....Frank T

I personally love stud girdles....anything that is that cheap and help stop engine failures makes sense to me...I have had the same one for years... The thinking about running more rpms...to me is just a myth, with the quality parts today.......if a guy is going to run 8k rpm he is going to do it no matter what the rule is...(over that and you should run shaft rockers anyway) The benifit to me was that I could run 3/8 studs (and cheap studs at that) and the lash never went out of adjustment...and I never broke anything... now I run better quality 7/16 studs.... and check the lash more oftin....

OK....I'm not a racer, but I'll give ya my .02 cents anyway....

Continuously changing rules is why car counts can never grow...Not everyone can just upgrade on the whims of others....I would THINK<key word alert> twisting ANY Street Stock motor over 8000 is asking for trouble no matter what....

This has been said over and over since back when I was still racing(early 80's).....Racers can be their own worst enemies...

In two years we have not broke a rocker arm or stud in our Sport Mod....So why the added expense of a Stud Girdle....And if you say they wont give you more horse power, I may agree, But you can turn the motor at a higher RPM...OOOPs , thats more power...Now i gotta say that on a MODIFIED,i dont understand the rule at all....Frank T

Well mainly due to street stocks running up to a .540 lift cam on 3/8 inch studs.

OK....I'm not a racer, but I'll give ya my .02 cents anyway....

Continuously changing rules is why car counts can never grow...Not everyone can just upgrade on the whims of others....I would THINK<key word alert> twisting ANY Street Stock motor over 8000 is asking for trouble no matter what....

This has been said over and over since back when I was still racing(early 80's).....Racers can be their own worst enemies...

Nobody is twisting 8000 and I would be surprised if anyone is hitting 7000 maybe a car or two but they are running 7/16 inch studs anyway.

I WAS NOT ASKING FOR ANY RULE CHANGES ONLY IF IT WAS LEGAL. RULES DO NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT STUD GIRDLES. I ONLY TURN ABOUT 6800 WITH 3/8 STUDS, JUST DID NOT WANT TO BREAK SOMETHING IN A BIG RACE. THERE ARE A LOT OF THESE PARTS AVAILABLE CHEAP BECAUSE OF NOT MANY FULL MODS RUNNING AT THIS TIME. I HAVE THREE SETS THAT I GOT FOR NOTHING. JMO

BOBBY JACK

Archived