RACE RECEIVERS AT I-37

i37DirtTrackMama

REMINDER—I-37 Raceway is requiring race receivers by September 17th for all classes except front runners. They can be purchased from the track at a price of $110.00 which includes the race receiver, ear buds, and a battery. Race receivers can be purchased at the track or with a debit or credit card by calling the track number of

210-478-0111.

If questions, please give Jim a call at above number.

Any ideas on were I can find these race receivers? Besides the track. I looked at radio shack and didnt find them. Maybe I just dont know wat im looking for. Maybe a name brand and model would help me. Let me know wat u guys, gals bought and were, plz.

Thanx, Mikey.

Jarrett I think the date thing may be related to the new cars coming for the Street Stock Shootout....and Frank can tell you about rules compliance.....Unless an official checks everyone pre-race(which isn't a bad idea) it's difficult to know for sure who has one, who has it set right, who has it turned on.....

I know at Tx Thunder they stop all cars on the backstetch before the feature and two safety crew guys check every driver for safety gear...which could be done to check raceivers......AND BEFORE someone says it takes up too much time...Tx Thunder uses a white erase board for line ups on restarts, starts at 8PM and is done racing in four hours or less, usually less....

**Disclaimer; I am in no way an official spokesperson for the track.....Just my general observation

Well instead of pulling on the track and trying to catch up to those doing 2 hotlaps so we can spend 3 laps lining up why cant everyone stop on the front straightaway in their starting position. Eric come across the raceciever with a thumbs up if you can hear him! At that point at least if somebodys was turned down or off they might correct it right then or if not you at least know who cant hear for that race. Just an idea...

Any ideas on were I can find these race receivers? Besides the track. I looked at radio shack and didnt find them. Maybe I just dont know wat im looking for. Maybe a name brand and model would help me. Let me know wat u guys, gals bought and were, plz.

Thanx, Mikey.

Any hand held police/weather scanner will work, they are just bulky. the race receivers are a slim and easy to contain.

Thanx charlie. I kinda just threw my hands up n the air and said forget. I will find it. So many times u see a topic started and within three or for posts its somewhere else on a bitch session and the topic is forgotten. Thanx man.

The raceiver has been a really great asset to the drivers. WTG I37.

Having a pre tech to make sure that everyone has one would be great, and then again at the tech pad would be a good idea.. No one has ever been checked to see if the radio that is being used can only receive the track official. Ever feel that a driver seems to know your very move? (You move up they move up, you move down and they move down)Remember that having a scanner for a receiver gives the driver the capability of receiving info from another individual or their pit crew. (I'm sure that no one would do that??)

The price is not bad, but I would like to purchase one asap. With three wks off I may want to pull elsewhere. Prolly a good idea to have one n case they require it as well.

ok, now I understand...

I always try to send people to Gary and Chris (Swenson's) but wasn't sure if the track was higher then others?

Thanks for helping me to understand...

Mark

The price is not bad, but I would like to purchase one asap. With three wks off I may want to pull elsewhere. Prolly a good idea to have one n case they require it as well.
Where are you pulling to mikey ? I might take my # 19 and go with you. text me,you have the # Freddy

Where are you pulling to mikey ? I might take my # 19 and go with you. text me,you have the # Freddy

Good to know ur still around freddy. I miss ur crazy ass at the track. Gona pull to s.o.s n two wks if I figure out my cooling prob. Gona test n tune this wwknd if u wana join.

I have yet to run at I-37, however knowing that they will require racecievers would make me more inclined to go. I see the raceciver not only as an great aid to the racetrack in helping to speed up lineups and such, but a vital piece of safety equiptment. If they help you avoid one accident, they have probably already paid for themselves. BUT, thats just my opinion.

Good to know ur still around freddy. I miss ur crazy ass at the track. Gona pull to s.o.s n two wks if I figure out my cooling prob. Gona test n tune this wwknd if u wana join.

Sorry no test and tune for me,just throw in a battery,gas and air up tires and meet you in Goliad in 2 weeks. If you go for sure,let me know what day exactly. ttyl,Freddy

Archived