SAS Special Events

JamesHigdon

I was browsing through the pictures on here and started thinking about some of the benifits of a big, high-banked half mile track. Does anyone have any good shots of the big rig that came up from Mexico, or the Vintage Indy car races or any of the other special events run at SAS over the years?

I was browsing through the pictures on here and started thinking about some of the benifits of a big, high-banked half mile track. Does anyone have any good shots of the big rig that came up from Mexico, or the Vintage Indy car races or any of the other special events run at SAS over the years?

How about Super-modifieds or Asphalt Sprints? The big trucks were cool - I think they ran Big block crate engines. I think they had to raise the flagstand so the trucks would not hit it.

How about Super-modifieds or Asphalt Sprints? The big trucks were cool - I think they ran Big block crate engines. I think they had to raise the flagstand so the trucks would not hit it.

Yea, they did raise the flagstand, if I remember right it only took two or three seasons to paint the 1' extensions. I remember the radio and print ads all over the place for that race along with being so crammed in the stands sitting was impossible!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived