Let's focus on Race #2 of the SS Shootout Series

texana55

Dear Street Stock Shootout of South Texas Series Competitors,

Well, everyone did such as fantastic job with the first race that the owner of Texana Raceway Park (Bruce Tesch) wants to take $1,000 of his money and add it into the normal purse for Event #2 on August 27th to be held at Texana Raceway Park. In talking with Bruce, he recognizes that this series is a phenomenon and that everyone is racing for the ultimate end goal of series points. According to Bruce, "y'all have come up with something really good and I want to show my appreciation for what's been done and for the large number of cars that will travel to TRP". Therefore, he is not sticking all of the additional money at the top. There will be additional money added to the normal purse for each and everyone who takes the green flag in the A-Main, with a worst case scenario of someone getting their $55 entry fee back (assuming you have to rent a transponder). Don't forget that Texana Raceway Park is also a sponsor of the series points fund. Please take the time to thank the track owner when you get the chance and thank the staff for what they do at the event. Ken Bulsterbaum is the promoter for Bruce and runs the show, but Bruce will be on hand walking around the pits and talking with everyone.

Also, we all need to be familiar with fees for each track. At Texana, it is $40 for the racer (covers the racer pit pass and car entry fee) + $15 for transponder rental. If you own a Westhold transponder, you don't need to rent and don't need to pay the extra $15. Not AMB... Westhold only will work. Everyone will have to run a transponder on this night as time trials and then lap counting is done electronically. Pit passes for everyone else are $25 each.

So, it is the 1 month countdown to Event #2 to be held August 27th at Texana Raceway Park in Edna. You can do the math to see what is added extra for each and every position if you compare to the normal purse published on the Texana website. The extra totals $1,000 extra to the regular purse. We anticipate seeing 32 plus cars at Texana on Aug. 27th. Here is your guaranteed purse for those who start the A-Main:

1st - $400

2nd - $250

3rd - $190

4th - $150

5th - $110

6th - $105

7th - $75

8th - $70

9th - $70

10th - $70

11th - $70

12th - $55

13th - $55

14th - $55

15th - $55

16th - $55

17th - $55

18th - $55

19th - $55

20th - $55

21st - $55

22nd - $55

23rd - $55

24th - $55

Texana will pay in cash in pre-prepared envelopes. As soon as tech is done, the track radio's to the pay office with the final word. Payout is quick and efficient if everyone passes tech.

I checked with the track on cost for practice on August 26th. It will be $25 per person entering the pits. No cost for entry in general admision that evening. I don't know at the moment if they will have the concession area open or not. Will let everyone know later on that later. Also, note that the Shootout event will be the same night as the Aaron Hudgeons Memorial Race for Limited Mods. So, I would guess there will be a pretty good attendance at practice.

Now, if you have never raced at Texana, you will want to seize this opportunity for practice if you can make your schedule work. It is a unique configuration and can prove to be a bit challenging for some. It will be a track where throttle control is important and will definitely bring out the driver.

Now, we gonna make this a full party weekend at Texana. So, I am starting off by contribuing $50 towards Sausage Wraps on tortillas cooked on the outside pit that will be available for free to everyone on practice night and Dancer Motorsports is adding $25 to this also. We don't need a tremendous aomount of money added to that, but will need some additional. If anyone wants to add to this, let me know! And, I am gonna check with a friend of mine and my nephew to see if they will do an Acoustical jam after practice on Friday night. They will each perform for Adult Beverages if they are not already booked.

• 2 weeks later...

Boys and girls we got three weeks til Event #2. Looking forward to seeing everyone on August 27th at TRP. Remember, the track has taken $1,000 of it's own money and pumped up the purse for every single position in the A-Main. Check out the original post on this thread which has the complete purse detailed. As always, there is no non-quailifier money. TRP always has the envelopes prepared in advance, so as soon as tech is done, pay begins.... I've had a trendous number of people tell me how good of a show you all put on at event #1. We're all ready for that talent to shine again on Aug 27th..... And, maybe some folks can get in and win some of the special nightly awards, and not let Dinsmore and Shafer have all of them.... :lol:

Don't forget there's an opportunity for practice on Augus 26th and we'll have some free sausage wraps that evening. Plus, a jam session after practice (nothing major, just a chance to kick back, hang out a while and listen to some tunes). If you play an instrument, bring it with you and hit a few licks.

Also, we're all gonna get more than our moneys worth as this coincides with the Aaron Hudgeons Memorial Limited Mod Race. If things work out and based on the rumblings I'm hearing you'll get to see the likes of Howard "Howard who?" Willis, Steve Whiteaker Jr., Shane Hebert, Johno Whittington, Paul White, Randy "Bubba" Seals, Johnny "southside" Torres, Mickey "The Racers Friend" Helms, GW "Highside" Hessong, Lawrence "The George Strait of dirt track racing" Mikulencak, and Adam "Plum Crazy" Perks just to mention a very few in limited mod action

The classes running on Aug 27th are:

Dwarfs

Street Stocks - "South Texas Street Stock Challenge"

Limited Modifieds - "Aaron Hudgeons Memorial Race"

Going to be a lot of cars from out of town coming in for this one.

Come out a be a part, I believe they will be selling T-shirts in memory of Aaron and the proceeds will go to the Aaron Hudgeons Memorial Scholarship Fund.

They gave two $500 scholarships to two deserving students last year.

Regarding the social time after practice on the 26th, we're working on three local musicians who will do about a 30 minute set each and maybe even jam together at the end if they choose. This will be a very informal setting up on the tech pad which makes for a natural stage with the raised elevation.

Mr. Garrett "The Bohemian" Kocian (my nephew) who is a student at UT San Antonio will be in for the evening and doing a set for us. Garrett, plays acoustical and electrical guitar and harmonica. He specializes in Texas Country and southern rock songs.

We have a connection to a local musician who plays rock and are checking his schedule. More to come on this.

Finally, we have a multi-talented musician who plays 15 different instruments. This gentleman is planning to bring a couple of those instruments and knock out some tunes. Some know this man by the nickname "Buster"...

Anyway, a fun time to socialize and hear somes tunes after practice in a real informal setting.

There will be a special award sponsored by Richard Mathias and Gary (Porkchop) Wright, G & R Racing. Richard and Gary will award $50 to someone finishing between 11th and 24th place in the A Main after tech. They will have a bucket with numbers from 11 thru 24 and draw a number. The person that finishes in that position will get the $50 award. They will draw the number once the cars are rolling on the track before the green flag start. Richard and Gary will award the $50 directly from them to the recipient.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 27th and hopefully the 26th also for practice. Will be a busy night for the track with two large events on hand. At Texana, you will do your draw at the window with the track staff when you pay to get in. Only thing you'll need to do with me or Stephan is register for the series if you want to and haven't already done so from Race #1. No requirement to get in the series if you want to just run the with the group. Just have to be registered in the series to compete for any of the nightly awards or points fund that we have from our sponsors to the series.

By the way, Texana will have open parking on the 26th and 27th, given they are running just a few classes and lots of out of town visitors expected for Streets and Limiteds. So, first come, first serve on parking. Just ignore the signs on the marked spots for this night. The Dwarfs get the front parking just before the ticket booth, but the larger area for pit parking will be open parking.

If you think you and your team will be at practice, maybe post on here for a head count on sausage wraps. At present, I'm planning on us doing about 100 wraps....??

Planning for practice on Friday night, I ordered 150 links for the pit and will have plenty of tortillas. Zach Tesh (track owner's son and brand new UT student) along with his grandfather will handling the pit and the cooking. So, get 'em while their hot and tell the cooks thanks when you see them. When they gone, they gone..

Thank you CK Racing, Dancer Motorsports, and Schroats for your assistace on this effort.

Practice scheduled from 6:30 to 10:30 and then jam sessions right after and the biggest thing shake the gulf coast on Saturday with the South Texas Street Stock Shootout and the 2nd Annual Aaron Hudgeons Limited Modified Memorial race. Texana Classic Dwarf Cars will also be on hand making up the three class event.

Word on the street is Ken (track operator) starting working on the track on Sunday and will be giving it attention each evening.

Planning for practice on Friday night, I ordered 150 links for the pit and will have plenty of tortillas. Zach Tesh (track owner's son and brand new UT student) along with his grandfather will handling the pit and the cooking. So, get 'em while their hot and tell the cooks thanks when you see them. When they gone, they gone..

Thank you CK Racing, Dancer Motorsports, and Schroats for your assistace on this effort.

Practice scheduled from 6:30 to 10:30 and then jam sessions right after and the biggest thing shake the gulf coast on Saturday with the South Texas Street Stock Shootout and the 2nd Annual Aaron Hudgeons Limited Modified Memorial race. Texana Classic Dwarf Cars will also be on hand making up the three class event.

Word on the street is Ken (track operator) starting working on the track on Sunday and will be giving it attention each evening.

monty did you say "gig-em" or get em while they last go aggies lol

Attention.... I received a call this morning to add an additional award for the Texana SS Shootout Race...

Pray Racing (Jensen Pray drives the #57 limited mod) will be providing a $250 value Bobby Labonte diecast car to the feature winner in street stocks. This will be at the pay window and handed out with the winners pay envelope.

So, in addition to all of the previously announced nightly awards for the Shootout, the Texana event will have an additional diecast car awarded to the feature winner from Pray Racing, and a $50 award from G&R Racing for someone between 11th and 24th which will be drawn at the start of the streets feature when they are rolling.

Archived