ASA race

ups88john

ASA put on a pretty good show. The one think i liked most was when a car would get a nose under the rear bumper of the car in front of him, the car in front would give room. Some cars were just straight up dumping other cars and some had a hard time keeping it straight. Personally i would rather watch a Romco race, but that is just me.

Big John

the asa race didnt have a shortage of wrecks either but i think they guessed the track was going to tighten up but houston gets looser as the race goes on. i think they will put on a lot better show next year if they come back because they will know more about what the track will do.

It was my first time there and I was very impressed with the facility. I think if San Antonio paved all the pits, smooth out the back strecth, and fix the walls we can have a race like that here. The last part of the race was good, because I think that's when they started racing for position, not just trying to finish the race. Good fan turn out, who were all those guys from SA putting on the show? Maybe we have a good chance of getting a date in the future.

Mel, the concrete in the turns was like glass compared to the last time tsrs was there. they ground down the transitions, alot of the back straight was ground, the track looked 100% better. Now im not knocking asa, they did a good job, i guess i just had my hopes up lol.

Big John

I thought it was a great race. It was obvious that there was a larger percentage of good drivers in the feild compared to Romco. I do agree that the next time they race there you will see a better race and I was disappaointed that there wasn't a good second groove but you can't very well blame that on ASA. How about that Mike Garvey he figured out how to pass a few cars.

I talked with Todd Kluever for a long time and he said that they should have ground the whole track. There was okay grip on the back stretch and corners but the transition and asphalt on the front stretch was very slippery. Overall I heard no complaining about the track and all wanted to come back next year, I hope they do.

I talked to st. amants crew, and some others, everybody liked the track and would definatley come back. And the second grove is alot better tahn it was before the cround the track, kyle and houston should do what ever martinsville did, the outside groooove was jsut as good as the inside if not better!!!!!!!

Guest Justaracefan

I like to watch ASA racing because it is so competitive. Everyone is running the same thing -- sealed motors, radial tires, spec chassis, so it basically comes down to driving skills. No big motors, soaked tires, traction control. I am sure that is why ASA "builds champions" The past three ASA "rookies of the year" have moved into the NASCAR Busch series. I have not seen any "rookie" drivers - racing a "Super Late Model" getting rides from Childress, Hendrick, Finch, Bill Davis,

The center section of the chassis is spec. in ASA. Set-up is where the differance is. FYI, the sad truth is that it takes alot more than talent to make it into the NASCAR big three. You better brings some $green$ with you to even get a look these days. A good example is CT Hellmund (or Tavo as we know him) from Austin. Look at his finishing positions at the Winston West races he has run over the past two years. I think his average is about third or fourth place when there were no mechanical problems. These kind of results dont't get you a ride in Busch? What does that tell you.

Guest Justaracefan

The ASA drivers that have advanced into NASCAR have A LOT of talent

Johnny Sauter (ran 2nd last Saturday)

David Streme (ran 5th or 6th)

Busch (won the Arca race)

Archived