lifter

HiTech

ok motor heads .....what is the best way to pump up new lifters .any secret oils ..i just soak em in motor oil and sometimes i take a push rod and work em alittle ....or free spin the motor with out the plugs ...im sure someone has a better ideal ...

soaking them in a coffee can of oil will work if it's done a few days in advance, though using an oil pump primer works best, I paint them with moly/zinc cam lube ( looks allot like never seize) and put them in there dry so I can set the valves without running the engine if they are adjustable.

soaking them in a coffee can of oil will work if it's done a few days in advance, though using an oil pump primer works best, I paint them with moly/zinc cam lube ( looks allot like never seize) and put them in there dry so I can set the valves without running the engine if they are adjustable.

lube em aswell .and i set em too ...

Ditto - just lube em ;lash em and prime the pump - as long as you get oil PSI right when she fires (the main reason for priming) you will pump em and they won't hold air. When priming I like to spin the pump up to 35psi and also turn the engine by hand two full rounds - to take it back to TDC for installing the dist. But have been told that's overkill by a couple good builders... but depending on how generous the assembler is with the prelube it helps make sure there is no gobs of thick lube hiding out in a bearing feed hole. When lashing un pumped lifters just rotate the push rod and feel for the lash to go away - VERY CAREFULLY - your rocker can lever on the socket and fool you.

Archived