The rumors are flyin'! Who's flying this plane? Where do these rumors come from? Here is the TRUTH:

Yes, Pam has left. Yes, I am scrambling for a caregiver. No, I am not in a nursing home. No, the track is not closing. Our schedule is as posted. We are racing Saturday, July 9th, and are looking forward to the SouthTexas Shootout on July 23rd. It seems to me that everybody is interested in my personal affairs, and continues to discuss them without all the facts. My family is here to take care of my immediate needs. The volunteers that have generously donating their time since day one are still here, and they assure me that they will continue to help. Has it been tough to continue given my health condition? ABSOLUTELY. Six weeks ago, I went into the hospital for emergency colon surgery. I am struggling to recover from that surgery. I have good days and I have bad days. I have been unable to announce since then but expect to announce from here on out, and I look very forward to doing so. Could we use more cars here at Shady Oaks? Absolutely. Are the car counts down as a result of these rumors? I believe so. Do we still have the nicest facility around? Absolutely. It is still my intention to complete our season and crown our champions for this year! Our banquet is already scheduled with details to follow very soon. I ask for all racers to support Shady Oaks as Shady Oaks has supported you. I have been in business for 30 years and never found a tougher business than the racetrack business. Shady Oaks has struggled to profit from day one, and I have spent my entire savings to maintain Shady Oaks for the benefit of south Texas racers. I truly feel when I started in '09 I was on the right track. My accident definitely took us down a new road. A road no one would want to travel, however, a road I must travel and will continue to travel with hope of recovery. I have no remorse for the actions I've taken and try to look forward to every new day. Please accept these words as fact, and if rumors must be spread, please spread the facts as presented here today.

Some GREAT WORDS JIM!!!!!!! I hope things do get better as I may not be attending much the rest of the year due to personal reasons. And Im really sorry all this is going around. I ask questions before anything. I try to know the facts before things do get started but obviously otheres dont take this as serious as some of the rest of us do. Hope to see you getting better as WE have ALL prayed for you and your recovery from your accident and the horrible road it took you down. Hope to see things get better from here on out.

We look forward to racing in the street stock shootout not only this year but next year as well! If a rumor needs to be spread then spread I am coming July 23rd on G60 tires and everyones ass I kicked last year gets a chance at revenge and bragging rights. I am sure that in itself should bring a few extra cars! Now everyone else go do your part not only help SOS and Jim as well! See everyone soon.....

the 71 sportmod from Corpus will be joining you soon I hope as the new engine should be finished in the next couple of weeks we hope to finish out the season run there and some of the other locals tracks But even down here we all know how you love your track it shows in the way its run and way ever 1 always got a smile on Great job Jim

Archived