Red Bull out of NASCAR

lenny66

Just read this on YAHOO Sports:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—Multiple people familiar with the decision say Red Bull plans to leave NASCAR at the end of this season.

Those familiar with the decision also say a team official traveled to Michigan Speedway last weekend to inform industry leaders of Red Bull’s decision. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because an official announcement has not been made to team employees.

AP - Jun 14, 3:57 pm EDT NASCAR Gallery Red Bull is both the owner and sponsor of the two-car NASCAR team. The team has struggled since its 2007 entry into NASCAR.

Red Bull also owns a pair of two-car Formula One teams. Current points leader Sebastian Vettel is the reigning world champion and has won five of seven Grand Prix races this season.

If our economic situation in this country doesnt change soon I believe we will see more of this. It effects local short track racing and NAPBAR as well.

papa we are running one of the cheapest classes and still cant afford it . you saw what we are running in ....car is sitting may make it back this weekend but who knows . ..thats bad ..i know this is a problem with alot of teams ..i would have never thought a day would come when we could not race ..heck just a few gallons of gas and pit gate makes it hard ...if you need parts then your done ..exsample .i had to buy control arm bushings they are cheap ,,cheap only if you can afford em ....mowing a yard use to pay for this ..not anymore ..

Red Bull is leaving NASCAR because they won 1 race out of 160 starts. They are staying in F1 because Vettel is the current points leader.

Try adding a 300 mile round trip for an entry level pay.

It costs us $100 each way. Then we still have pit passes, food and hotel. I don't care how you calculate it, it costs $1000 every time we race.

Red Bull is leaving NASCAR because they won 1 race out of 160 starts. They are staying in F1 because Vettel is the current points leader.

Try adding a 300 mile round trip for an entry level pay.

It costs us $100 each way. Then we still have pit passes, food and hotel. I don't care how you calculate it, it costs $1000 every time we race.

its costly ..but the love of racen keeps you doing it ...it use to be cheaper than hitting the bars ...i havent been to a bar drinking in oh 25 years or so .so i am alittle behind on my thought there maybe ..will someone correct me on whats cheaper this day and age ........

Archived