weight jack question

bigpace85

Hi I bought a modified and my track does not allow us to have weight jack bolts. Can I remove the bolts with out screwing up the handling. I am not very knowledgeable on weight jacks any advice would be greatly appreciated.
it will hurt the handeling provided the car was set up useing them to tune .and for that track you want to run on ..get with the track and let em know you have em and want to race there ..would it be alright to wield them where they are ..that way you cant adjust them .....if you shocks are mounted some othe place than what is alould .. you would have no choice but to take em out .

Hi I bought a modified and my track does not allow us to have weight jack bolts. Can I remove the bolts with out screwing up the handling. I am not very knowledgeable on weight jacks any advice would be greatly appreciated.
it will hurt the handeling provided the car was set up useing them to tune .and for that track you want to run on ..get with the track and let em know you have em and want to race there ..would it be alright to wield them where they are ..that way you cant adjust them .....if you shocks are mounted some othe place than what is alould .. you would have no choice but to take em out .

Ok I will do that but I forgot to mention the weight jacks im talking about is the rear jack bolts. Thanks for the reply.

Just curious, but what track doesn't allow weight jacks on a modified?

Well I am actually running limited mods and it says in the rules on the rear suspension no weight jack bolts. And it is at the devils bowl in mesquite texas.

OK, that makes more sense. Can you run adjustable spring spacers in the rear?

Just curious, but what track doesn't allow weight jacks on a modified?

Well I am actually running limited mods and it says in the rules on the rear suspension no weight jack bolts. And it is at the devils bowl in mesquite texas.

OK, that makes more sense. Can you run adjustable spring spacers in the rear?

Actually I just looked at the rules and it says nothing about that it just says not jack bolts, so if I run adjustable spring spacers will that allow me to remove the weight jack bolts? Im not sure im still learning about modified set ups. Thanks

Yes, if you can run adjustable spacers, remove the weight jack bolt assembly and use the adjustable spacer instead. Before you do that, get the setup the way you want it using the weight jacks so you all you have to do is replicate those same ride heights with the adjustable spacers after they are in.

Yes, if you can run adjustable spacers, remove the weight jack bolt assembly and use the adjustable spacer instead. Before you do that, get the setup the way you want it using the weight jacks so you all you have to do is replicate those same ride heights with the adjustable spacers after they are in.

Thats what we did in all of our street stock setups - we made a set of spacers in 1/8 inch increments (our rules said non adjustable - swapping is not adjusting) so we could add or subtract when we needed to change cross or rear bias for extra lap events (fuel weight compensation) or compensate for a tire change.

Sounds like you need to screw the weight jack bolt in, where the top of the bolt is level with the mount, and weld the top. Then take the perch for the top of the spring and cut a hole in it a little larger than the 1" weight jack stud. After you do that, weld a 1" nut on the spring perch top and you now have an adjustable spring spacer without weight jacks, you already have all the parts, so just use them. This is how my brothers car is setup on a limited modified. Just ask if you have more questions.

Archived