HOT ROD HILL

hray

200????? There were only 20 mods(for $1000 to win) and 24 sprints(for a $1000 to win) from the reports I'm reading. (I say only, but that's a decent count)Henry Witt won the mod main. With a national Limited Mod show in LA. I don't see a bunch of them being there. So that leaves streets, bombers, minis, etc. to make up the other 130-140 cars??? I guess with Tatum, Rosebowl and Thunder Mountain closing it might be possible. Those three tracks are realitively close.

There were only 20 mods(for $1000 to win) and 24 sprints(for a $1000 to win)

Reb,

CCMS ONLY had 14 mods and that's the ONLY place in TX asphalt mods raced sat. nite.

From what I heard, SIMS mods were the biggest class, but PS and SS were right there too.

By the way, the Kid got DQ'd again after finishing 2nd in heat and 1st in feature. He had McCreary Am Racer tires. 3rd place finisher said they were not DOT as rules require. Track tech official agreed. I WONDER WHY THERE IS A DOT # ON McCREARY'S (DECORATION)??????

I guess the old guys just can't stand getting beat by a 14 yr old!!! Several drivers did come by and ask him to come back. Said he put on a good show and fans were on their feet (the finish was close).

Maybe THR, SAS, etc. should buy some dirt.
LMAOOOOOO No comment!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

The SIMS limiteds had 27 cars, which against a national points show, is pretty damn good.

I talked to a couple people that were there who confimed about 200 cars. That's great but at 1AM people were leaving with still three features to go, so I'm guessing another 2-3AM night. They also said once again the 6pm start time turned into almost 8PM, that's not good. Personally I think that's way tooooooo late and they should rotate some classes to help get out earlier. I wanted to go but after getting back late(early) after Friday night, I just didn't have it in me. Had I known they wouldn't get started until 8, I would have gone.

McCreary American Racer tires have DOT numbers??? I never paid that much attention. When I raced we went down to Joe Blows tire shop and got Coopers, guaranteed to have DOT numbers.

McCreary American Racer tires have DOT numbers???

Just to clarify, the McCreary American Racer tire is a DOT approved, bias ply, street tire. IMCA adopted it for their series tire and required McCreary to brand it with the IMCA label since the Am Racer comes in different compounds (only one compound is legal for IMCA). If you look on the sidewall, you will see the DOT stamp and serial # which shows the manufacturer, date made, run group, inspector ID. You can legally put them on your car or trailer. They are available over the counter, but since nobody runs bias ply tires anymore they are sold primarily to racers (IMCA racers since they are crappy race tires - most DOT and Hoosier tires are much softer compounds).

Bottom line is the track tech official at Hot Rod Hill is uninformed and made the wrong call in the heat of the moment instead of getting the facts.

FACT;not all american racer G60s have a dot.perhaps the tech did not find a dot...we can buy a G60 american racer at bartell motorsports that looks like the legal tire but is much softer.there are a bunch of these tires that we found at i37 and had to show the guys so they could get the right ones.lots of the tams guys were selling these tires used to the dirt guys ,they thought they bought the right tire but made changes when yhey were made aware of the differences...frank t.

Hray... here is HRH tire rule straight from the rulebook.

Tires are limited to 60 and 70 series only, street type passenger car tires. Displaying DOT number on sidewall and passenger car tread design. Grooving, sipping is OK. Cutting back to size, or any other modification is not allowed. No special racing tires, duals, knobbies, mud, snow, off-road tires or recaps are allowed.

It says no special racing tire, just because a tire is approved by the DOT does not make it a street tire... The street stocks there run a DOT hoosier racing tire... Mcreary Makes a DOT racing tire(besided the g60) There are even some Drag race DOT tires. The bottom line it they are still a racing tire, HRH makes some strange calls but I think they made the right one this time... tell them to get some street tires and beat them again... We are planning on running there this weekend, maybe we will see them... AJ

Archived