Hot pit

Braunfels99

Since Drew brought it up I figured to make this a separate topic. Feel free to add or disagree....

What about a hot pit in the infield? 2 jacks, 2 battery operated impacts and one trusted crew member most everyone knows(at least for that class thats racing and a guy capable of the task).or one designated guy for the night..Teams could leave tires in the infield marked left side, right side,etc...with your name on them and so on....Hell i would pay a few bucks to a willing volunteer...if everyone in each class paid a little something the crewmwber could make a few bucks and if ya just need a tire change you could be back on the track before the restart....

Just thinking outloud....may be a bad idea...or good.....just seems it would be a lot faster than pulling off track and safer than coming back on when under green....

Thanks Trey..... I got back out but was a lap down. I was moving back up but being a lap down kinda hurt the finish. I just think we need something on this to get going for everyone to have a chance. Iknow they may wait a lap or two, but the time it takes to get back to the track is what takes the longest. Not complaining here, its for everyone tho.

Thanks Trey..... I got back out but was a lap down. I was moving back up but being a lap down kinda hurt the finish. I just think we need something on this to get going for everyone to have a chance. Iknow they may wait a lap or two, but the time it takes to get back to the track is what takes the longest. Not complaining here, its for everyone tho.

And I thought you had foam in your tires!

And I thought you had foam in your tires!

Foam??? you mean fix a flat? lol, i will now!! lol By the way...Anyone know where i can get a racing tube?? the cut is really small so I can patch and tube it. Im on a budget...

Goliad has a hot pit set up in their infeild, they have some concrete barrcades like on the highways that the cars pull into to change tires. Crew members are there waiting. I also thought I heard Eric say they where going to put a hot pit behind turns 3&4.

you pull between tractor tires at goliad in the infield.. the concrete is at edna.. but the cars dont pull inside it .. its just a place for the crew members to hide

We had a hot pit in Houston it worked good. all we had there was a three sided wall around us. it keeps the danger out of the pit. i know no one admits to it but when coming into the pit with a flat they speed in and out and some times recklessly. It happens every race no one means to but it happens and you dont even realize it at the time. Im all for an infield hot pit...

We had a hot pit in Houston it worked good. all we had there was a three sided wall around us. it keeps the danger out of the pit. i know no one admits to it but when coming into the pit with a flat they speed in and out and some times recklessly. It happens every race no one means to but it happens and you dont even realize it at the time. Im all for an infield hot pit...

Agreed Chris...

Archived