Thanks TRP

texana55

Thanks Texana Raceway Park for bring in the ASCS Winged Sprints last night. I know that it is a large financial commitment to have them in and we are appreciative for our chance to see them. The fan side of me is very appreciative. Of the Spint Car shows I've seen, that finish in the feature was the most exciting to date, bar none. Jason Johnson is a fantastic driver, but for sentimental purposes, I was glad to see Travis Rilat pull off the finish line pass to win. At one point, I wondered if he would be able to get back to racing from his injuries, but he sure did, and he sure got it done last night. Thank you again to TRP for bring in the show and the hard work by all staff. What a crowd at the track last night!

side note - the Rebel Racewriter was there and will have an excellent race summary posted soon. And, Bruce approached me last night asking if I would pick back up on doing race summaries and results starting next weekend. So, I'll give it a try starting with our May 21st races and see if I can keep up with doing it each week for the rest of this season. - Monty

Monty, would you like a rebelracewriter unofficial journalist starter kit.....One notebook and one pencil.....LOL....I start you out with a pencil to be able to erase any errors......LOL....You always did a good job in the past and I'm sure you'll be able to pick up where you left off.....Your trick will be splitting the time with working on Laurens car....

It was one one helluva finish wasn't it!!!!!

Reb, thanks for coming to our event! Sorry I didn't get to talk to you, I was kinda busy, Haha. And Monty, I thank you for picking up the headlines again too.

Last night was definitely the best race and finish I ever had the pleasure of flagging. :)

Yes I flagged the Sprint Cars, and I had a blast. It felt good to be able to keep in practice in the flagstand!

.....Your trick will be splitting the time with working on Laurens car....

It was one one helluva finish wasn't it!!!!!

You got that right Reb about Lauren's car. Bruce has become a good personal friend over the past several years, so it is difficult for me to tell him no when he asks me to do something. I'm gonna give it a try again, but my main priority is Lauren's racing, so I'll have to do trial an error on this and see how it goes. Her racing will remain my priority first, so we'll see how we do with this. I know folks like seeing the results and the summaries can be entertaining. I will never quite have your writing abilities, but I may lean on you for some of those erasers.

And, I've been going to tracks about 5 years less than your 40 and you are so right, that was the best finish ever. Jason is awesome, but I loved seeing Travis win because it was Travis and I never expected such an exciting way for it happen across the finish line... Did you see the standing ovation for Travis when he did his wing dance?

Archived