New car for Texas Mile

txtom

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i heard there are two really bad dips or bumps .one of em at the end ..and some biker hit his face on the bars when running through one of em ..not good ...you would think that would have been fixed before this run ...that would make me nervous knowing ill hit those at really high speeds .... but id bet they wont be there next time ......noone wrecked a car or got hurt it looks like ..so good first outing ...

Found this video of a bike pass. Its not Jenn but it gives you a good idea of what its like to make a pass down the mile.

I didnt take very many pictures this weekend but here is a pic of Jenn and Mark. Mark did all of the pre run stuff, which includes holding the water bottle. I can not imagine what it is like to be out in the Texas sun with a set of leathers on! Mark, thanks for all the help this weekend. Its was a blast!

post-1097-1306887762.jpg

Its a bummer that our weekend was dominated by wind. But thats the way it goes sometimes. Jenn said her last pass was crazy. We had a great time with good friends and met a bunch of new people. I also enjoyed talking to all of the LSSZ members that came by to visit.

Here is the deal. When you have alot of wind at a land speed event, you have alot of time on your hands. It pretty much wound up being a beer festival :lol:

After a long weekend at the mile I decided to go down to corpus and wound up stuck on an island with a circle track racer and a drag racer. and beer. What a great weekend.

post-1097-1306888852.jpg

The wind was brutal, but was good to see Will, Mark, Pappy, Greg, and a couple others here and there.

We spent Saturday night back at CC Speedway, looked for but didn't find Mike, but got some great conversation and time spent with Bruce and Cody, John and Steve, Tom Harwell, Bob Riley and his gang, and the Krauss bunch and Mark Opiela.

All the classes had pretty good features at CC, The Sport mods had a great show with Titzman(?) holding off a very clean driving and patient Cody Beddoe. Coulda thrown a blanket on the top cars. And they had a great opportunity to tear up the entire field when Bruce blew up going into turn 1, but, while most of them spun to avoid Bruce or spun in the oil, no one really touched each other or the wall, and all were able to continue. Magnificent heads up on their part.

Sportsman move to Bruce for loaning his helmet to another driver when he had a problem during the red flag. That is Bruce being Bruce.

sorry to miss you tom `had no ideal you were going to be there ...i changed a radiator hose on my sons number 8 honda and went up to the stands to sit with my wife and my brother and her brother with his family .. with all the travel ive done the last two weeks .im too tired to hang out in the back ..sitting in the stands suits me just fine right now ...

Will,

I had an incredible time. Saturday night pool time was great just hanging out tellin stories. I'll be there in October... I loved being there. Time to get our golfcart project going...

HT,

Jenn said on her 222 pass that at the end it moved her right 3 feet. Mind you instantly 3feet at over 200MPH. Someone mentioned on the Bristol thread that those racers had to have big grapefruit to turn those speeds. I say you are just plain fearless running into 20MPH headwind @over 244MPH. Great job Tommy on that pass...

Hopefully Jenn will get to travel. She was asked to ride another bike which after that competition will get a lengthened swingarm and hopefully ride it again in the October Mile.

Will,

I had an incredible time. Saturday night pool time was great just hanging out tellin stories. I'll be there in October... I loved being there. Time to get our golfcart project going...

HT,

Jenn said on her 222 pass that at the end it moved her right 3 feet. Mind you instantly 3feet at over 200MPH. Someone mentioned on the Bristol thread that those racers had to have big grapefruit to turn those speeds. I say you are just plain fearless running into 20MPH headwind @over 244MPH. Great job Tommy on that pass...

Hopefully Jenn will get to travel. She was asked to ride another bike which after that competition will get a lengthened swingarm and hopefully ride it again in the October Mile.

three feet would make me think twice aboult doing that run again .. ive been moved a few inches on street bikes hitting road bumps and didnt want to travel that road again ..jenn needs a national sponsor ..so she can go pro drag .she has what it takes .

I think she would welcome any and all sponsors. I have said it before, but I will say it again... Jenn is very humble, once you get her to talking she is a natural. I know there was some talking about a sponsor, but would prefer Will shed light when they know more...

HT,

I would have to agree. I have been on a street bike and been moved several inches at speed. No Fun!

Well Jenn just registered for Loring today. Thats a long drive to Maine. Loring is a 1 1/2 mile track. Jenn really wants that record. I wont be able to go because I will be in Wisconsin. :(

go for it girl .......take nick along he loves main ..btw whats the record ...

One bike she has been asked to ride is a monster. Stock wheelbase bike that has massive power. The owner is a tuner so hopefully with the extra 1/2 mile they can utilize all the power. When she rode it in March it wheelied and broke the back tire loose violently...

Loring (the old AFB located in Limestone) is looking at about 2500 miles each way.....

But the runway is 12,000 feet, with an additional 1000 ft overrun, so they have plenty of shutdown area.

And you won't be crowded on the ramp, it has something like 3 million square feet of parking ramp.

Cold War B-52 base -- way up in Northern Maine. Not much up there but trees, moose and wilderness. It's a long drive from Texas. You can do it in 2 days if you only make absolutely necessary pit stops along the way.

Nick

• 2 months later...

Got word there is a new vette in the stable...

408 cuin front mounted twin turbo's. Built and bought on the east coast. It's on it's way to SA town for some tweeking. Made 1000Hp on a start up tune. Said to have rolled the dyno over 220MPH.

Will see........

Yep, Jenn is going to run the Mojave Mile on a bike with a pretty big motor. Just to brush the cobwebs off she is going to do a little drag racing this weekend. Which means I will be be changing clutch packs every 6 to 8 passes. Its what I do these days.

Archived