07 Austin Self, 15.808

3 Mike Rieninger, 15.851

2 Bobby Teer Jr. 15.955

1 Nick Cole, 16.013

96 Robert Barker, 16.068

92 Taylor Brandes, 16.090

28 Jeff O'Neill, 16.101

9 John Hernandez, 16.591

79 Joe Aramendia, Tech(left side weight)

NASCAR A-Line Modifieds

30 Jake Kruger

4 Ryan Englehardt

91 Zach Hausler

2 Heath Stewart

07 Austin Self

44 HE Naumann

26 Bob Slezinsky

10 Robert Walton

32 Robert Stewart

14 John Schultz

61 Cory Lovell

Sportmods

12 Tator Mason

28 Shawn Paul Lehman

51 Greg Rohmer

10D Don Painter

11 Lyndon Kirk

44 Kaleb Kreis

15 JC Pilcher

5 David Umschied

Sportmod qualifying

5 David Umschied, 15.712

28 Shawn Paul Lehman, 15.894

12 Tator Mason, 15.901

10 Don Painter, 16.020

11 Lyndon Kirk, 16.153

51 Greg Rohmer, 16.222

15 JC Pilcher, 16.319

44 Kaleb Kreis, 17.439

01 Terry Tschoerner, NT(Broke pinion)

NASCAR A-Line Super Stocks

80 Allen Alexander

3 Clint LaFont

11 Tracy Tschoerner

50 Arden Smith

39 Mat Goulais

42/16 Mason Teague

92 Jason Stanley

05 Brandon Leonard

16/42 Shawn Paul Lehman---DNS(gave up car to Teague)

64 Dan Decker---DNS

NASCAR A-Line Super Stock qualifying

3 Clint LaFont, 16.413

92 Jason Stanley, 16.644

05 Brandon Leonard, 16.704

80 Allen Alexander, 16.763

11 Tracy Tschoerner, 16.816

50 Arden Smith, 16.861

42 Shawn Paul Lehman, 17.080

39 Matt Goulias, 17.156

16 Mason Teague, 17.652

64 Dan Decker, NT

Thunder Stocks

14 Joey Tschoerner

50 Aaron Brungot

99 Bobby Hansen

5 Nick Cole

15 Hunter Montgomery

11 Richard Clickner

66 Mitchell Morrison

Thunder Stock heat winner, 14 Joey Tschoerner

Grand Stocks

88 Mike Farish

91 Marcia Moore

50 Carolyn Aramendia

71 Scott Nester

30 Mason Teague

79 James Aramendia

58 Layton Carroll

73 Chris Farr

03 Derek Ishler

96 Dave Edwards

97 Jake Aramendia

44 Daniel Stewart

42 Mark Duke

TSRS Allison Legacy

01 Colin Alexander

5 Kate Dallenbach

32 James Huff

6 Jake Dallenbach

96 Jake Wright

Mini Stocks

55 Daniel Kidd

5 Tim Fiedler

19 Michael Espinoza

23 Logan Zahn

16 Dave Buhrman

7 Kris Wilson

44 Alvin Summers

68 Taylor Wright

99 Branfie Hansen

77 Jo Ann Self

11 Scott Shaw

21R Richard Adam

10 Andrew Woolf

28 Sterling Beck

46 Jeremi Rahn

10x Jerry Woolf

NASKARTS

07 Meagan Smith

20 Jason Marshall

29 Marty Kreis

88 Kayleb Kreis

5 Matt McDade

11 Lyndon Kirk

1 Mike Steinman

24 Chris Terry

27 Robert Carr

poor nick last night in the Legacy race, thought he was going to type his fingers off. Not sure how you spin and stop to bring out the caution so that your not a half or full lap behind, not only once but multiple times and don't get black flagged.

poor nick last night in the Legacy race, thought he was going to type his fingers off. Not sure how you spin and stop to bring out the caution so that your not a half or full lap behind, not only once but multiple times and don't get black flagged.

Saw that happen in Legacy's and Late Models. HMMMM? It just sets examples for everyone else to start doing that. If you think about it, they have spotters in these classes. They should have been black flagged for that by far!

Thunderhill Raceway 4/23/11

By J M Hallas

Kyle, Tx.,(April, 23rd, 2011) Thunderhill Raceway hosted race #4 of their season Saturday night on the 3/8 mile D-shaped track just south of Austin. Racing under the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series banner this year the show also incorporates the “Madhouse” style restarts adding extra excitement to each of the feature events.

It was a full racing card with the NASCAR Texas Super Racing Series Late Models, NASCAR A-Line Modifieds, NASCAR A-Line Super Stocks, Sportmods, TSRS Allison Legacy Series, Thunder Stocks, Grand Stocks, Mini Stocks and NASKarts all in action.

Qualifying was held for the TSRS Late Models, A-Line Super Stocks and Sportmods. Austin Self picked up honors for fast time in TSRS Late Models, veteran David Umschied was quickest in the Sportmods, with Clint Lafont timing in best of the Super Stocks.

Teer Tops in TSRS Main

In a race that looked to be Austin Self's for the first 2/3 of the event it came down to three veterans for the win at the finish. After troubles fell upon Self, Joe Aramendia, Robert Barker and Bobby Teer jr. found themselves fighting it out for the win. Former NASCAR driver, Aramendia made a rare mistake on the last lap giving the defending champion, Teer an opening to sneak past for the win.

As green waved, Self from the outside row, was first into turn 1 with Nick Cole on his heels and Taylor Brandes side by side with Mike Rieninger for third. Brandes came away with third, with Teer getting fourth from Rieninger. Teer continued his march forward taking third from Brandes on lap 5. Teer then closed in and passed Cole for second while Aramendia worked his by Rieninger for fifth.

Barker slid to the infield on lap 10 for a caution that erased Self's big lead. With the “Madhouse-Style” restarts, Aramendia was first to pick the high side from fifth. Self was able to hold off Aramendia, who fell in line second on the restart. Teer retook second on lap 11 with Cole and Rieninger side by side for fifth. Coming to halfway it was Self, with a two second edge, Teer, Aramendia, Cole and Brandes.

Barker, who pitted after his spin, got fifth from Brandes on lap 21. By lap 25, Self had increased his margin almost three seconds, as Barker crept forward getting fourth from Cole. Then things got weird. Brandes blew up on lap 28 with small fire under the car prompting a red flag. For the restart Aramendia and past TSRS champ, Barker took the high side.

As the green flew Self and Aramendia stayed door to door with Aramendia getting the lead. Teer and Self made slight contact with Barker slipping by Self for third. Self then tangled with Cole to bring out a caution. Barker picked the top, but Aramendia edged away on green leaving Barker and Teer side by side. Teer gave Aramendia a look low on lap 30, while Self got by Barker for third.

As Teer was keeping the heat on Aramendia, Self closed on both with Barker on his tail. Self and Barker got together off turn 2 collecting Jeff O'Neill on lap 33 setting up a green, white, checker finish. Aramendia got a slight advantage as Teer held off Rieninger for second. As the white waved, Teer was on Aramendia for th lead. Aramendia drifted up in turn 1 giving Teer enough room to sneak under him and steal the victory.

“Joe(Aramendia) just drove in a little hard and slipped up in front of us.” said Teer. “We were in the right spot to take advantage of it. We were a little quicker and thinking maybe I'd have to us the bumper. He made a mistake and moved himself.”

“I thought about the high side on that last restart, but my crew chief/spotter, Greg Spreen, said to stay on the bottom, that's were our car is fastest. We just decided to see what Joe would do. He's a veteran and done quite a bit in this sport.”

“I can put my trust in Joe going door to door with him. We're good friends and I know that he wouldn't do anything that would jeopardize either of our cars. We have a lot of respect for each other.”

“Our car was really good on short runs. I knew we had something for Austin(Self) and Joe at the beginning of runs. That 07 car(Self) was hooked up. Those guys should be proud of themselves for what they've accomplished this year. They've really turned their program around.”

NASCAR Texas Super Racing Series Late Models

2 Bobby Teer jr., 79 Joe Aramendia, 3 Mike Rieninger, 96 Robert Barker, 28 Jeff O'Neill, 1 Nick Cole, 9 John Hernandez, 07 Austin Self, 92 Taylor Brandes

IN TSRS qualifying it was the young gun Self laying down the fastest lap with a 15.808 followed closely by Rieninger and Teer, both in the 15 second bracket. Self, who made the big jump from Karts to Late Models, has made lot of progress in his sophomore season driving the Applied Mechanical, Umschied Race Services, Lefthander Chassis.

“We had a good practice yesterday,” replied Self. “I have a good crew that gave me a great car. The track has been just as it's been ll year and the wind has helped keep it cooled down. It's really close between us, down to the tenths. It just depends on tires and set up.”

“I don't think we'll make many changes for the feature. It's not an impound race, but we'll stick pretty much with what we have now. We may make a few minor changes, but right now we have a fast car and we'll go with that.”

“I'm hoping to move up the ladder and my goal is the Sprint Cup, but I'll go anywhere racing takes me. I've been racing Karts since I was four and we did some National Karting stuff and won a lot Kart Championship. We did some Late Model testing and my first I started on the pole and finished third. The past year and a half we've been pretty strong.”

“I'd like to make this my career. It's the joy of the sport.”

Texas Super Racing Series Late Model qualifying

07 Austin Self, 15.808

3 Mike Rieninger, 15.851

2 Bobby Teer Jr. 15.955

1 Nick Cole, 16.013

96 Robert Barker, 16.068

92 Taylor Brandes, 16.090

28 Jeff O'Neill, 16.101

9 John Hernandez, 16.591

79 Joe Aramendia, Tech(left side weight)

Former TSRS Late Model champ, Heath Stewart got a good jump as green flew on the 35-lap NASCAR A-Line Modified feature. Ryan Englehardt, Bob Slezinsky, Jake Kruger and HE Naumann fell in line behind H. Stewart. Austin Self went around in turn 1 for an early yellow. On the restart Kruger went to the top and got by H. Stewart, but behind them Naumann spun off the back stretch with Robert Stewart heading to the infield grass. On the next restart, Kruger again used the high side get by H. Stewart who got loose off turn 2 giving up spots to Englehardt and Zak Hausler.

Kruger then began to build his advantage over Englehardt, Hausler, H. Stewart and Self. By lap 20 Kruger had eased away to a three second lead over the second place battle. That gap remained static while Englehardt and Hausler shook themselves loose from H. Stewart and Self. Kruger easily cruised on the victory, with Englehardt holding off Hausler for second.

NASCAR A-Line Modifieds

30 Jake Kruger, 4 Ryan Englehardt, 91 Zak Hausler, 2 Heath Stewart, 07 Austin Self, 44 HE Naumann, 26 Bob Slezinsky, 10 Robert Walton, 32 Robert Stewart, 14 John Schultz, 61 Cory Lovell

In the 15 lap Sportmod feature Tator Mason used his pole position starting spot to quickly jump into the lead followed by Shawn Paul Lehman, JC Pilcher David Umschied and Don Painter. Umschied got by Pilcher on lap 3 for third with Painter and Greg Rohmer the next to put Pilcher back. Just as Umschied began his move to challenge Lehman, he slowed and pulled off with problems.

Pilcher brought out the yellow on lap 10 when a flat tire caused him to spin off the back stretch. Painter also took a trip off the back stretch bringing out a caution on lap 12. On the restart Mason was able to hold his advantage over Lehman the final laps to snag the victory.

Sportmods

12 Tator Mason, 28 Shawn Paul Lehman, 51 Greg Rohmer, 10D Don Painter, 11 Lyndon Kirk, 44 Kayleb Kreis, 15 JC Pilcher, 5 David Umschied, 01 Terry Tschoerner---DNS

Sportmod qualifying

5 David Umschied, 15.712

28 Shawn Paul Lehman, 15.894

12 Tator Mason, 15.901

10 Don Painter, 16.020

11 Lyndon Kirk, 16.153

51 Greg Rohmer, 16.222

15 JC Pilcher, 16.319

44 Kaleb Kreis, 17.439

01 Terry Tschoerner, NT(Broke pinion)

As green waved on the 25-lap Super Sock feature Brandon Leonard went sliding through the infield for a quick yellow. On the second start Jason Stanley got a big jump from the pole, but yellow waved again for Stanley who was sent to the rear for a second jump start. Finally to green, Allen Alexander got out front trailed by Tracy Tschoerner, Clint LaFont and Leonard.

Mason Teague brought a caution when he looped his borrowed ride in turn 4. LaFont was first to choose the top for the restart after two more quick cautions. LaFont was able to get second from Tschoerner and was pressuring Alexander for the lead as the top three pulled away. Leonard's night ended in a puddle of fluid when he broke and spun on lap 14.

LaFont again tried the top of Alexander on green, but gave up second to Tschoerner after being run up by Alexander. After a lap 18 caution LaFont had good run on Alexander up top but couldn't complete the pass. The lead duo played a little bumper tag in the final laps, while Tschoerner waited for mistake. At the checkers it was Alexander, LaFont and Tschoerner nose to tail as they crossed the line.

NASCAR A-Line Super Stocks

80 Allen Alexander, 3 Clint LaFont, 11 Tracy Tschoerner, 50 Arden Smith, 39 Matt Goulias, 42/16 Mason Teague, 92 Jason Stanley, 05 Brandon Leonard, 16/42 Shawn Paul Lehman---DNS(gave up car to Teague), 64 Dan Decker---DNS

NASCAR A-Line Super Stock qualifying

3 Clint LaFont, 16.413

92 Jason Stanley, 16.644

05 Brandon Leonard, 16.704

80 Allen Alexander, 16.763

11 Tracy Tschoerner, 16.816

50 Arden Smith, 16.861

42 Shawn Paul Lehman, 17.080

39 Matt Goulias, 17.156

16 Mason Teague, 17.652

64 Dan Decker, NT

Joey Tschoerner got a good start from the pole as the 20-lap Thunder Stock feature roared to life, but Richard Clickner spun for a quick yellow. Tschoerner again got away on green followed by Hunter Montgomery, Aaron Brungot and Bobby Hansen. Brungot tried to get under Montgomery with the two making contact sending Montgomery around on lap 1.

Tschoerner got away clean on the restart, while Hansen picked off second from Brungot. As the lead group sorted out, Mitchell Morrison, Clickner and Montgomery battled for fifth until Clickner spun and Morrison clipped the tire wall, picking up a spare tire hanging off the bumper. As Tschoerner motored away for the victory, Brungot was able to get second back from Hansen.

Thunder Stocks

14 Joey Tschoerner, 50 Aaron Brungot, 99 Bobby Hansen, 5 Nick Cole, 15 Hunter Montgomery, 11 Richard Clickner, 66 Mitchell Morrison

Thunder Stock heat winner, 14 Joey Tschoerner

Mike Farrish and Daniel Stewart battled side by side for the lead as green waved on the 20-lap Grand Stock feature. The duo pushed up giving Scott Nester an opening to sneak past and lead lap 1. Farrish tried high on Nester for the lead but Carolyn Aramendia snuck by on the bottom for second. C. Aramendia and Farrish both went past Nester with C. Aramendia now holding the top spot.

As those two battled for the lead, Marcia Moore took third from Nester. Farish and C. Aramendia ran door to door for the lead on lap 12, with Farrish taking the point on lap 13. Jake Aramendia spun in front of the lead pack on lap 13 with Farrish brushing the wall but causing no major damage. Once back to green Moore and C. Aramendia fought for second while Farrish was easing away for the win.

Grand Stocks

88 Mike Farish, 91 Marcia Moore, 50 Carolyn Aramendia, 71 Scott Nester, 30 Mason Teague, 79 James Aramendia, 58 Layton Carroll, 73 Chris Farr, 03 Derek Ishler, 96 Dave Edwards, 97 Jake Aramendia, 44 Daniel Stewart,42 Mark Duke

TSRS Allison Legacys

Jake Wright challenged Colin Alexander for the lead and after some contact went around in turn 2. Wright pulled to turn 3 and stopped for a caution. On the next start Alexander jumped out front with Kate Dallenbach up to second. K. Dallenbach slipped off turn 2 giving up the spot to James Huff. K. Dallenbach then spun after contact by Wright on lap 5. Wright spun on the restart while Jake Dallenbach got past Huff for second. K.

Dallenbach and Wright the put Huff back two spots. As J. Dallenbach was challenging Alexander for the lead K. Dallenbach spun for a lap 12 yellow. Wright choose the outside for the Madhouse-style restart and spun after trying to squeeze down on J. Dallenbach. He again pulled back on the track for a yellow. After one more spin by Wright and ensuing yellow, Alexander went on the checker while K. Dallenbach snuck past Huff on the final lap for second.

TSRS Allison Legacy

01 Colin Alexander, 5 Kate Dallenbach, 32 James Huff, 6 Jake Dallenbach, 96 Jake Wright

Continuing his unbeaten streak, Daniel Kidd getting past early leader Michael Espinoza on lap 5. Tim Fiedler moved up to second and the lead eased away. Fiedler and Kidd ran off from the 16-car field to settle the score between themselves. Fiedler's best chance was in lapped traffic, but Kidd held the lead. In the final laps Fiedler gave Kidd one more try but came up short as Kidd made it four for four.

Mini Stocks

55 Daniel Kidd, 5 Tim Fiedler, 19 Michael Espinoza, 23 Logan Zahn, 16 Dave Buhrman, 7 Kris Wilson, 44 Alvin Summers, 68 Taylor Wright, 99 Brandie Hansen, 77 Jo Ann Self, 11 Scott Shaw, 21R Richard Adam, 10 Andrew Woolf, 28 Sterling Beck, 46 Jeremi Rahn, 10x Jerry Woolf, 37 Chrissy Stewart---DNS

Megan Smith used the benefit of a competition caution at mid race to catch back up to the lead pack in the 27 lap NASKart feature. From there Smith drafted with Jason Marshall for several laps before making the pass for the lead and then distanced herself from the field to take the win.

NASKARTS

07 Megan Smith, 20 Jason Marshall, 29 Marty Kreis, 88 Kayleb Kreis, 5 Matt McDade, 11 Lyndon Kirk, 1 Mike Steinmann, 24 Chris Terry, 27 Robert Carr

The NASKART Pro Racing Series Results posted are incorrect. The Correct order is below:

NASKARTS

07 Meagan Smith

11 Lyndon Kirk

29 Marty Kreis

20 Jason Marshall

1 Mike Steinman

88 Bryan ???

5 Matt McDade

24 Chris Terry

27 Robert Carr

Edited by n2racing2

The NASKART Pro Racing Series Results posted are incorrect. The Correct order is below:

NASKARTS

07 Meagan Smith

11 Lyndon Kirk

29 Marty Kreis

20 Jason Marshall

1 Mike Steinman

88 Bryan ???

5 Matt McDade

24 Chris Terry

27 Robert Carr

Normally my class runs just before or after you guys so I never get to watch, but this weekend i got to see you guys race. Well, all I can say is WOW! It looked like a minature talledega. lead changes 2 and 3 times a lap and drafting-a-plenty. Except for Meagan, dont think she needed to draft. She was just bad fast. Congrats to her and the rest of the naskarts.

The track makes calls and they do the best they can to be fair and impartial. And I know it's tempting to plead a particular case in public, but if anyone has an issue with a particular call, please get in touch with the track to discuss the circumstances or for clarifications.

While I do know that the THR staff do read the forums, they will not get involved in discussing particular calls in the forums.

Nick

Normally my class runs just before or after you guys so I never get to watch, but this weekend i got to see you guys race. Well, all I can say is WOW! It looked like a minature talledega. lead changes 2 and 3 times a lap and drafting-a-plenty. Except for Meagan, dont think she needed to draft. She was just bad fast. Congrats to her and the rest of the naskarts.

She is my teammate and I was very proud of her running a smart race...dialing in her jetting the first part of the race...and then showing the boys how to get it done!!! She was very fast and when she knew when it was time to go for the money!!!

And thanks for the Kudos to the NASKART Pro Racing Series. We appriciate that cause we feel that we have to try harder then all the other series to show everyone that we REALLY race hard & deserve to be where we are today. And its really a blast to race in this series!