Chris Davidson to run Houston ASA Race

2002 ROMCO Champion Joins Forces With John Webb

Pendleton, IN (April 8, 2003) – 2002 ROMCO Super Late Model Series Champion

Chris Davidson has joined forces with John Webb and the Trucks Unlimited team for the

ASA Racing Series Texas 250 at Houston Motor Speedway on Saturday, April 12.

Davidson, of Pearland (TX), plans to make his initial appearance in the series that is

know to build champions at Texas’ premier short track.

“This is a tremendous opportunity for me. I want to thank John Webb for giving me a

chance to compete in ASA, which I consider the best short-track series,” said Davidson

said. “I was interested in racing the Houston event and I contacted Gary St. Amant and

he set up the deal with John. Without the help of Gary, none of this would have been

possible. He is a class guy and I’ve a lot of respect for him on and off the racetrack.

“I raced in several events at Houston and thought that would be a great place to get my

feet wet,” Davidson continued. “The television package with SPEED CHANNEL will be a

huge benefit in securing some sponsorship. I think we have a shot to have a strong run

at Houston with all the laps I’ve turned there in a super late model. The biggest

adjustment will be with the engine and tire package. With all the testing that we have

done, I’m confident we’ll have a strong showing.”

Davidson captured the 2002 ROMCO Super Late Model Series Championship, winning

one event and posting 10 top 10s in the 14-event schedule. He also scored a top-five

finish at the 32nd Annual Snowball Derby at Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola (FL), a

premier late model event.

In 2001, Davidson produced a stellar season, winning three events in ROMCO and

capturing the inaugural Big Shot 250 at Thunder Hill Raceway in Kyle (TX). The

previous season, he won three ROMCO races and placed third in the standings.

Davison began his super late model career in 1997 at Houston, winning two events at

the .375-mile oval.

The second event of the 2003 ASA Racing Series is set for Saturday, April 12 at

Houston Motor Speedway in Houston (TX). The Texas 250 takes the green flag at 8

p.m. (Central) and will be telecast live on the SPEED CHANNEL.

-end-

Archived