almeda speedway

norman

i worked for phil cronin when he race at meyers he said he won a lot of stockcar races at almeda does any one have any photos of cars that race at almeda

i worked for phil cronin when he race at meyers he said he won a lot of stockcar races at almeda does any one have any photos of cars that race at almeda

HOUSTON_SPEEDWAYS-45-1.jpg

Phil at the shop

HOUSTON_SPEEDWAYS-46-1.jpg

Tony Barcelona

HOUSTON_SPEEDWAYS-47-1.jpg

Ray Withrow

HOUSTON_SPEEDWAYS-48-1.jpg

Mark,

From what I can tell, the yellow #95 Chevy is Paul "Butch" Mcqueen, the red #55X Chevy is Johnny Mac Pierce, and the red #45 Chevy is Karl Veach and his son, Willie Veach. Willie raced later on. Probably former "Bronco" Stock Cars. The #1, Late Model Ford is probably Cowboy Johnson. Most of the others have been previously id'd.

i worked for phil cronin in the mid 70s the photo of phils number 2 ford galaxie he said he bought it used phil took the car to his shop and striped it and made a race car out of it a repo man showed up at the track wanting money or the car back phil said hears the car he said the repo man took one look and left

• 2 weeks later...
i worked for phil cronin in the mid 70s the photo of phils number 2 ford he said he bought it used phil took the car to his shop and striped it and made a race car out of it a repo man showed up at the track wanting money or the car back phil said hears the car he said the repo man took one look and left

Here's a photo of Phil's #2 in pit row... And one picture of my Bronco #7 also in the pits... Just wondering, were you working for him when his wife shot the burgler that was breaking into the garage?

Richard

post-13269-1303241008.jpg

post-13269-1303241038.jpg

richard i worked for phil in the mid 70s i dont rember that but knowing vena she could handle a gun maybe it had something to do with her beaing a redhead

• 3 months later...

Almeda was the first oval track I went to.2 weeks after my first visit I had a race car.That was in 1969.I did not know any of the V8 guys but did know most of the ministocks.Including Kent Lewis of spriit car fame.Do you remember the jalopie class?It was all 6 cyl cars.Fun to watch.There was a red 57 Ford that was a frontrunner.I was there on the last nite.

Archived