A few pics of the NASCAR Fiesta Modifieds at HMP

NickHolt

post-3-1299040138.jpg

Art Kunzeman's new Pro Mod... the tail of his #1 car in the background.

post-3-1299040150.jpg

Daniel Moreno and his new Pro Mod.

post-3-1299040173.jpg

Ian Webster's always fast Pro Mod.

post-3-1299040179.jpg

Jake Kruger pulled double-duty with this beautiful Pro Mod and the 114 Pro LM.

post-3-1299040186.jpg

Jason Mormon and crew ready for action.

post-3-1299040195.jpg

Pat Kinsey's Pro Mod.

post-3-1299040206.jpg

Young Zach Hausler took the feature in this beautifully prepared Pro Mod.

I missed Jim Nides... Sorry Jim. You must have been hiding on me...

Judging from some feedback I'm getting, I should have taken a few more pics! LOL...

I'll try to get some of the folks I missed in the NASCAR classes and concentrate on the other classes at Speedfest.

Nick

OK, I know I'm gonna get hammered for this BUT: I guess these cars are the evolution of the early super modifieds that ran at Meyer, but I prefered cars that LOOKED like cars - these things DO look fast, but they look like MODIFIED SHEET METAL rather than real cars - of course the super modifieds didn't really look like cars either, but you knew they were

evolved from the old coupes - we had seen that evolution over the years and they REALLY LOOKED FAST! Same thing with the Midgets and Sprints of today. I don't know if that's a cowl or a hood that comes way up and obscures the view of the driver, but I prefered the older versions. Yeah, I know I'm old fashioned, BUT I KNOW WHAT I LIKE!! In the next few days I'll be posting more pictures of good, old-fashioned race cars - for all of us that loved them and miss them!!

OK, I know I'm gonna get hammered for this BUT: I guess these cars are the evolution of the early super modifieds that ran at Meyer, but I prefered cars that LOOKED like cars - these things DO look fast, but they look like MODIFIED SHEET METAL rather than real cars - of course the super modifieds didn't really look like cars either, but you knew they were

evolved from the old coupes - we had seen that evolution over the years and they REALLY LOOKED FAST! Same thing with the Midgets and Sprints of today. I don't know if that's a cowl or a hood that comes way up and obscures the view of the driver, but I prefered the older versions. Yeah, I know I'm old fashioned, BUT I KNOW WHAT I LIKE!! In the next few days I'll be posting more pictures of good, old-fashioned race cars - for all of us that loved them and miss them!!

HAMMER HAMMER!

I think those Modifieds are some very nice looking race cars. With today's technology, "wide open" just is not the way to go. But, with specifiic rules applied correctly, the racing should be great and fast. I mean, basically they are Modified Stock Cars. And, like someone already mentioned, a World of Outlaws Winged Sprint Car would be a good "Supermodified". Put about 30 of those guys on a paved banked 1/2 mile speedway, and attach parachutes. :(

i agree they dont look much like racecars to me ... .....they look like oversized go carts .....i have to admit .i have seen good racen out of em ....so it dont matter what they look like really ..a good race overlooks that ...btw when was the last time a nascar looked like a race car ...

It's all about variety. The modifieds provide something different for that percentage of the fan base that wants exactly that. I've always thought they were pretty cool - sound good, look different, light weight, and fast. Who could argue against those things?

i agree they dont look much like racecars to me ... .....they look like oversized go carts .....i have to admit .i have seen good racen out of em ....so it dont matter what they look like really ..a good race overlooks that ...btw when was the last time a nascar looked like a race car ...

Another good reason I don't do NASCAR anymore!

I would like to see a picture of the #3 Dar go Special Darrell Godfredson.bathtub with wheels,damn fast

Thanks for posting a picture of this modified. When I was young, used to see this car and Glenn Schwabe in his Super stock #70 do hot laps together at Pan Am.Thanks once again.