Filling out the field

Jkelly57

Hey all. Hope everyone is ready for a great weekend of racing! With the special night for the armed servcies @ I-37 tonite & the big 125 Saturday night everyone should be in for a motorsports treat! I just wanted to get some opinions, not sure if anyone will even add to the thread, but it's worth a shot. :)

As some may have noticed and heard about, competetors from other racetracks are comming to SA to compete. I personally think it's great that the owners and operators of these tracks can work together to promote racing in south Texas. That being said, I'm just curious as to opinions on the show as of late. Do these "outsider" cars add excitement? Of course car count is up, and if I'm not mistaken there might be few more fans in the stands as well. :) Overall, I guess I'm interested in the opinions of everyone out there.

Although the SA regulars are still winning most of the races, there has been talk of the "outsiders" having an advantage. Slight rules changes have been implemented against the non-regulars (weight added, left side reduced) and there is still some (but not much) talk comming from some SA guys about it being unfair. May it be because they aren't winning by a huge margin anymore, & the fact that there is more competition?

I simply see it as a good time, and a heck of a good show for the increasing # of fans. Please, if you have an opinion, post it B)

-JKelly57

I THINK IF ALL THE CARS COME THAT HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT IT IT,S GOING TO BE A GREAT NIGHT OF RACING, AND YES THERE IS GOING TO BE SOME HOT SHOES THERE WITH SOME MIGHTY GOOD EQUIPMENT BUT ITS A LONG RACE IF YOU ARE SMART AND ARE THERE AT THE END ANYBODY CAN WIN IT OR A LEAST DO GOOD, WE,LL BRING ALL THAT WE GOT AND HANG AROUND UNTIL THE LAST 50, THEN SEE WHAT WE CAN DO WITH WHAT WE GOT LEFT, THANKS TO SAS FOR THE CHANCE TO RACE AND TO TTOA FOR ALL THE WORK IT TOOK TO GET TOGTHER, I SEE A GREAT CHANCE TO REVIVE THE LATE MODEL CLASS ALL OVER SOUTH TEXAS WADDY ISON MOTERSPORTS # 28

On the subject of the "regulars" versus the "outsiders" and the rules changes or being an unfair advantage.

I feel they should leave it just where it is at right now. We have a couple of roadrunner cars that are way fast and the visitors are running pretty close to them. Probably be right there with them when driving styles get fine tuned and setups adjusted. Thanks for coming to SAS to race

I'm new to the Roadrunner class and for now I'm one of the slower cars but hopefully that will change soon. I am glad to see that the guys from area tracks are willing to race at SAS, ya'll are fun to watch and bring competition to this class which we desperately needed. What is so different about the dirt cars that give them the advantage over the SAS cars? I hope you guys don't get discouraged and decide not to race with us anymore, eventually the crybabies will stop crying and start driving. P.S.......since you already have your cars out at the track on Saturday's why don't ya'll let your wife's, girlfriend's etc. drive your car in the Women On Wheels class?????? Keep up the good racing.

Archived